Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Hey Bob, how have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I'm still trying to envision what an apology from Jim would look like. Hey, there's always a first for everything.

Thx for the Consumer Reports Jim.

I'm glad to see more and more mfrs. requiring combustion analysis for the initial setup. Did a Bosch Combi 100 mod/con a few weeks back and was tickled to see a whole section on CA setup. They even include a test port with plug on the exhaust vent collar. Hopefully more mfrs. will follow. I cannot help but think Jim Davis had something to do with this, if nothing else because of his legacy.
    My Testo rep is my good friend for the past 25 years because he was also my Bacharach rep for almost 20 years. They kind of jumped on him too. I wasn't trying to discredit Testo, just state the facts as I have observed them, because I want you guys to be happy with what you buy from whomever. People would jump my butt if I ever mislead them.

If you would have seen me at Mechanical Systems week you would know that I am a certified nut in the session I gave with David Richardson. Hope they got a few pictures, my office did.

Always good to hear from you Bob. It is meeting caring brilliant people like you that adds extra satisfaction to what I do!!!
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Jim D. I love reading your posts. I need to buy myself a new analyzer. The old company provided it for me. I am poor. The new company doesnt do much CO testing. I would mainly be using it on oil and on families gas units. Which analyzer would you recommend a poor man to purchase?
    Can't get much less expensive than the Bacharach Intech. Plus if you are doing oil it has a larger particulate filter and they will not void their warranty if your CO goes over 4000ppm.
    captain CO

sounds good. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I'm still trying to envision what an apology from Jim would look like. Hey, there's always a first for everything.
    "Sorry bout that"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1E43V5wc4
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Jim B, I just bought the 320 (from you!) and had a few questions on its set up.

When setting up a measurement site what is the combustion site for? I saw where you can change the O2 and CO for the different combustion sites (1 through 4), why would you need to have different settings?

Does the barometric pressure, altitude and pressure absolute need to be accurate? Im usually anywhere from sea level to 1000 ft but it comes 2625.

I will probably have more questions, I havent had the chance to use it yet.

Just purchased the bacharach intech.

Not impressed with the sample probe. I like the gun handle feel better.

But oh well, It's gonna tell me how it's burning either way.

Just purchased the bacharach intech.

Not impressed with the sample probe. I like the gun handle feel better.

But oh well, It's gonna tell me how it's burning either way.

Gravity,

What other analyzers did you consider.

the fyrite insite pro(newer model) too much for my wallet (i used the older model at old company. it had a slow pump)

the testo 327(too much for my wallet) i used this one at my old company

the testo 320(too much for my wallet) but it has detachable hoses.

i do not like attached hoses. i also like fast readings.

Gravity,

I am thinking of getting an analyzer. Our shop sends that out every summer to get calibrated. They also used by techs that jam then in flue with #4 smoke. I was curious what annual costs you would expect if you were the only one using it. What is the deal with Bacharachs calibrated replaceable sensors. Thanks for your help

the fyrite insite pro(newer model) too much for my wallet (i used the older model at old company. it had a slow pump)

the testo 327(too much for my wallet) i used this one at my old company

the testo 320(too much for my wallet) but it has detachable hoses.

i do not like attached hoses. i also like fast readings.
    Now remember you said you would make a video! Lol

^^^^^^^^^ quoted the wrong one lol

Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    Gravity,

I am thinking of getting an analyzer. Our shop sends that out every summer to get calibrated. They also used by techs that jam then in flue with #4 smoke. I was curious what annual costs you would expect if you were the only one using it. What is the deal with Bacharachs calibrated replaceable sensors. Thanks for your help
    If I'm the only one using it, It will be cheap annual costs because i know how to use it.

You can shove them in whatever you want. If you notice it being spiked you should immediately unplug the hoses from the analyzer and let it purge.

Bacharachs BSmart sensors are pretty nice. They are calibrated from the factory. You just take the cover off the back of the analyzer, pull out the sensor and pop the new one in. Pretty simple.

The sensors range from $150.00 - $300.00 online. you would have to shop them.

You can also get your own gas and calibrate them.

You will need a sensor every few years IMHO. Some will tell you different. If you give a good purge on shutdown and keep the analyzer dry, you should have no problems with your sensors.

Leaving your hoses hooked up and getting the sensors wet is what kills them.

Hope this helps. Look at some of Jim Davis' posts. He is a wizard with analyzers. He can also make them fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Now remember you said you would make a video! Lol

^^^^^^^^^ quoted the wrong one lol

Thanks for the reminder. I unfortunately do not have gas appliances.

Once I go to my In-Laws I will make a video of her furnace.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast