Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    After watching the videos, and reading the experts posts, I have concluded to put my purchase towards the insight plus.......
    Insight plus for me hands down
    Can't wait
    sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Jim B. Get the 320 video done yet? My 325M is having issues and custom made repair parts prices would be better spent on a new unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    Hey Jim D, just curious now that they have been out for a couple of years, what are you opinions/experiences with the current line of UEI combustion analyzers with no chemical O2 sensor?
    Sorry for the delay, I have been on the road. And didn't have an answer until last week. Just met with the UEI rep and played with the UEI Eagle X. Has good response time, even with a longer hose 9" and all sensors are field changeable and calibrateable. It does tend to calculate O2 lower than it actually is, based on the O2 analyzers but that can easily be interpreted.

It does have a great warranty. Heck we might even sell them as an alternative.
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by steve3871m View Post
    Jim B. Thanks for the videos!
    Your other post must have a virus but anyway there is nothing wrong with the pump on your TSI that a cleaning won't fix. The pump can be taken apart and there are some flappers in there that get stuck. Just finger the flappers and put it back together and it will be fine. The pump is the exact same one that Testo uses.
    captain CO

Apparently the posts I have made on here have made it all the way to Germany and has everyone riled up. Didn't know they read this site?

Not sure what I said other than the features on the new Testo 310 are not something contractors might want to deal with down the road. I said the 320 was fine.

I had to apologize at Comfortech today or at Mechanical Systems Week for my rude comments? Glad to know I am so important internationally now?? We still sell Testo(not the 310), and now again Bacharach and maybe even UEI or they have my blessing if you buy them from somone else like ?????? Tru-Tech???? Geeeeeeezzzz!!!!
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I have been on the road. And didn't have an answer until last week. Just met with the UEI rep and played with the UEI Eagle X. Has good response time, even with a longer hose 9" and all sensors are field changeable and calibrateable. It does tend to calculate O2 lower than it actually is, based on the O2 analyzers but that can easily be interpreted.

Thanks for the good report. I always have thought eeewww when I see UEI, but it looks like they have something good here.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Apparently the posts I have made on here have made it all the way to Germany and has everyone riled up. Didn't know they read this site?

Not sure what I said other than the features on the new Testo 310 are not something contractors might want to deal with down the road. I said the 320 was fine.

I had to apologize at Comfortech today or at Mechanical Systems Week for my rude comments? Glad to know I am so important internationally now?? We still sell Testo(not the 310), and now again Bacharach and maybe even UEI or they have my blessing if you buy them from someone else like ?????? Tru-Tech???? Geeeeeeezzzz!!!!
    I would not buy a unit that does not have individually replaceable components, either.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed

hey Jim, long time.......finally got the company to get somes analyzers in, the eagle x was chosen. i like it. but can you give me a guide as to how far off the O2 reading might be? just off or is it a sliding scale kind of off?
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Hey Gas Man good to hear from you. I haven't had the opportunity to totally run the UEI through the mill but it looks like about .5% to 1% on the O2 and that could be up or down.
    Not enough to mess anyone up for the most part. I look at O2 or CO2 as the distance we traveled. So if your starting O2 is 10% and your final O2 is 6% your traveled 4 O2's. If the O2 was 10.5% starting and your final O2 is 6.5%, you still improved 4 O2's. Depending on whether you adjusted fuel or air that would be a 4% to 8% improvement.
    captain CO

Jim did they just rough you up about your comments or did they fill you in on something they did differently to the 310 so it wouldn't have issues like similarly designed units that have a permanent attached probe? What was the problem you were seeing with other analyzers?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Jim did they just rough you up about your comments or did they fill you in on something they did differently to the 310 so it wouldn't have issues like similarly designed units that have a permanent attached probe? What was the problem you were seeing with other analyzers?
    When contractors complain about premature sensor failure I ask them if they disconnect the probel after use and most of the time the answer is no. When I get analyzer back for repair with bad O2 sensors the probe is usually attached. I demonstrate in every class how the probe holds water even after several minutes of post purge. No water in the trap and yet water in the probe. This can migrate into the unit while in storage and disable the sensors. Now in many cases if the sensors are dried out they can recover.

Their explanation is that there is less likely to be leaks if the probe is attached. If that was so wouldn't all units have permanently attached probes? I don't like it and I think it will cause problems or I have wasted a lot of years teaching guys to remove them after every use.

Just for the record I mis-quoted saying the Bacharachs are faster on CO than the new Testos. They are faster than the 327. The length of the probe has much to do with response time and the 310 has the shortest so in one case it will be faster than a unit with a longer probe.
    captain CO

Jim D. I love reading your posts. I need to buy myself a new analyzer. The old company provided it for me. I am poor. The new company doesnt do much CO testing. I would mainly be using it on oil and on families gas units. Which analyzer would you recommend a poor man to purchase?

it must be snowing indoors

I'm still trying to envision what an apology from Jim would look like. Hey, there's always a first for everything.

Thx for the Consumer Reports Jim.

I'm glad to see more and more mfrs. requiring combustion analysis for the initial setup. Did a Bosch Combi 100 mod/con a few weeks back and was tickled to see a whole section on CA setup. They even include a test port with plug on the exhaust vent collar. Hopefully more mfrs. will follow. I cannot help but think Jim Davis had something to do with this, if nothing else because of his legacy.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast