Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Looks like we got a Jedi Duel over com analyzers.

Both these guys are masters at their craft. Let's see if there is a definitive first place finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Testing light-off on gas furnaces is a waste of time if you don't care about:
    1. misaligned burners
    2. dirty burners
    3. defective or misaligned ignitors
    4. leaky gas valves

It didn't explode so that's okay with me, just isn't good enough!!
    What will a combustion analyzer tell you about these. Are there acceptable start up levels or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hvac216 View Post
    What will a combustion analyzer tell you about these. Are there acceptable start up levels or what?
    A combustion analyzer will tell you all that and more. But only if you know what the numbers are telling you. I highly recommend Jim Davis' 3 day class. You will be amazed at what you've been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    A combustion analyzer will tell you all that and more. But only if you know what the numbers are telling you. I highly recommend Jim Davis' 3 day class. You will be amazed at what you've been missing.
    I took a class a couple years ago and know a lot of what it can do. I just don't know how you check those points with an analyzer. I will definitely check out the class. It sounds good.

yup....DAMN i can tell you about all those things too

there was a reference to CO(O) in the 3 bar graph section, but it was CO in the trend graph.

which is the one that is more important, that is to say the below 100PPM in flue is acceptable?

CO(O) is reference to your outside or start up air location, 20.9%.

CO is the flue gas measurement- total CO produced, correct?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    there was a reference to CO(O) in the 3 bar graph section, but it was CO in the trend graph.

which is the one that is more important, that is to say the below 100PPM in flue is acceptable?

CO(O) is reference to your outside or start up air location, 20.9%.

CO is the flue gas measurement- total CO produced, correct?
    What you actually measure is always more important than what the analyzer calculates. CO "as measured" less than 100ppm is good.
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Looks like we got a Jedi Duel over com analyzers.

Both these guys are masters at their craft. Let's see if there is a definitive first place finisher.
    My hope is you guys finish first but I will never recommend anything that I consider sub-par just to make a sale. Many times over the years, even when I was a commission only salesman, I told customers if they were convinced they wanted to buy a certain item I felt was not in their best interest, to buy it somewhere else and don't call me and complain if they do. They called and complained anyway and said I wasn't convincing enough?
    captain CO

Insite is allright, have both the 327 and insite.
    It's Hammer Time!

Both Bacharach analyzers respond to CO much faster than the new Testo's. O2 about the same.
    Not exactly what I saw when I tested the units.

http://youtu.be/037QMuiz6AY

Obviously, you have to consider that the Intech was influenced by prompt NOx at light off because it does not have a NOx filter (optional accessory). The Testo 310 and the Insight plus both have NOx filters and read almost exactly the same, and saw about the same peak CO. They are all three good analyzers. The fixed probe on the Testo is not a big deal due to the short gas path. It clears out quickly. The 310 also has a 4000 ppm sensor.
    JLB,

nice video

Both Bacharach analyzers respond to CO much faster than the new Testo's. O2 about the same. 310 Testo needs to be avoided. The InTech is a nice inexpensive unit, around $700, we always include a Dwyer Draft Gauge. For extra $$ you can get Software and printers etc. but that is the same with both Bacharach and Testo.
    Good info Jim, almost ready to buy the Testo 320. I want to get something new before the season hits hard. My TSI does have a new sensor though. Could keep it for back up. I think the pump is ready to go as the response time on the readings seems to be longer. Not sure how much longer parts will be available for the discontinued TSI.

I didn't even consider the Bacharach since I thought they had "older" technology than Testo. Worth the look before I put out the $$.

Jim B. Thanks for the videos!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast