Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    But I feal so intellugent when I outsmert inanimutt objects.

Where in the heck is spell check when you need it??
    captain CO

It's that time of year again You guys crack me up and lots of good info too Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    That would be fine if manufactures were not using smart cells that record when the cell was over ranged. If you experence a cell failure, and it could happen, protecting the cell from spikes could be the difference between a free waranty repair and a declined free repair due to abuse of the cell.
    Is there anyone besides testo that use these smart cells? and any others that offer the length of time that testo offers?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

I have never seen a CO sensor on any analyzer, regardless of abuse, fail in less than 4 years. As far as I know, Testo is the only manufacturer that states they won't honor warranty if you accidently expose your sensor to over 4000ppm. Doesn't matter, it won't go bad anyway.
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    I have never seen a CO sensor on any analyzer, regardless of abuse, fail in less than 4 years. As far as I know, Testo is the only manufacturer that states they won't honor warranty if you accidently expose your sensor to over 4000ppm. Doesn't matter, it won't go bad anyway.
    So it is other issues that kill sensors and if your aware of them you will not kill one but they are off the hook.
    Typical from them in my experience and nice to know its a gimmick. Being worried about breaking one has stopped me from making the purchase for the times I would need one but I'll have to cross that one off the list of why not. Thanks
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Testo .... Bacharach...so confused ....I need a new analyzer and it's a good thing TTT sells both.

Where does a guy go to get some basic schooling on combustion analysis?

I am not ready for NCI yet.

Basic training will keep you out of most trouble and tell you how to test but odds are it doesn't make you any more money. Testing is great but it helps to know what number you are looking for, what's important about those specific numbers, exactly what they are telling you, whats wrong and how to fix it plus many other extras.

Basic training will tell you to follow Codes, but not what to do when they don't work or why they are mechanically unsound. Basic training won't tell you what information in manufacturers material is totally false. Basic training is politically correct. NCI's training is mechanically correct. I believe a life is more important than someones ego.
    captain CO

Hey Jim D, just curious now that they have been out for a couple of years, what are you opinions/experiences with the current line of UEI combustion analyzers with no chemical O2 sensor?
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

I have seen several UEI Eagle X CO2 analyzers in class. Still can't get the rep to come let me use it at my shop and compare it. They do have a nice 5 year warranty program but I have no idea what is going to happen then.

My problem is that the CO2 content of all fuels is different all over the country. Althought the CO2 measurement may be accurate it could be up to 20% off due to the btu content of the fuel. Not sure if it can calculate O2 correctly. Either my breath has really gotten bad or their calculation is a bit off.

If they are allowing everyone to field service them then that is a bonus they never had and would rank them above some others. Still waiting to do a fair evaluation. If they are consistent and dependable then I would have no problem recommending them, even if I don't sell them. I don't want anyone discourage about buying or using analyzer because there are a few bad ones in the mix.
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Basic training will keep you out of most trouble and tell you how to test but odds are it doesn't make you any more money. Testing is great but it helps to know what number you are looking for, what's important about those specific numbers, exactly what they are telling you, whats wrong and how to fix it plus many other extras.

Basic training will tell you to follow Codes, but not what to do when they don't work or why they are mechanically unsound. Basic training won't tell you what information in manufacturers material is totally false. Basic training is politically correct. NCI's training is mechanically correct. I believe a life is more important than someones ego.
    i hear what you say, but i would need the basic training just to prep me for NCI.

Also, want a Bacherach Com analyzer,,,but i don't know what to look for in necessary features.

Help me out, will 'ya?

BTW, you seen D. Habbitz lately?

The Bacharach InTech is a great new inexpensive analyzer. Good response time, removable probe and field replaceable sensors. Only about $700.

Haven't seen D.
    captain CO

So.......
    Testo 320, or Bacharach insight pro........
    I'm stuck

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    So.......
    Testo 320, or Bacharach insight pro........
    I'm stuck

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Because of response time to CO I would go with the Bacharach Insight Plus, but there is nothing wrong with the Testo 320. Bacharach also offers a long life O2 sensor on their Insight.

The Bacharach Intech is definitely the best of the inexpensive analyzers.
    captain CO

Here is an overview of the features of the new Insight Plus Analyzer

http://youtu.be/TqhL2RCzlMc
    JLB,

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast