Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    looks identical to the 327...i would say it has the same exact pump

I've got my eye on the 320. Think I'll pull the trigger soon. Will report back on my thoughts.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I used the uei c125 at a previous company and loved it. I'm looking to purchase something this fall but the uei is very pricey.

Got the video on the Testo 310 finished, hope to get the Testo 320 up in the next few days.

http://youtu.be/JPTZH1Y9KlE

BTW, because someone will ask, the "plug" you see on the analyzer is used when you are measuring pressure to block the gas path so you do not pressurize the cells when testing gas pressure. I will do a separate video on that feature.
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Got the video on the Testo 310 finished, hope to get the Testo 320 up in the next few days.

http://youtu.be/JPTZH1Y9KlE

BTW, because someone will ask, the "plug" you see on the analyzer is used when you are measuring pressure to block the gas path so you do not pressurize the cells when testing gas pressure. I will do a separate video on that feature.
    Hey, is that Akron Ohio? We're you an instructor at cvcc?

Quote Originally Posted by Hvac216 View Post
    Hey, is that Akron Ohio? We're you an instructor at cvcc?
    Yes that is Akron Ohio, and I still am the instructor at CVCC. Year 12 this year.
    JLB,

I was in the class back in 03. Been checking out your YouTube videos. Good stuff.

This is a second video of some of the features of the Testo 310 that were not completely covered in the first video. Specifically, I am showing how to measure ambient CO, draft, and gas pressure with the 310 as well as how to get them to print.

http://youtu.be/T319yEmyac0

Jim
    JLB,

Bacharach or Testo

Just got back from Bacharach yesterday and check out their new analyzers versus the Testo 327. Both the Intech and the Insight Plus have a faster response to CO now. A major improvement over their past units.

The Intech is a great inexpensive unit and it totally field repairable. Never really has to go back to factory for calibration or sensor replacement.

The Insight Plus performs much better than the Insight and has some new features.

We do still have some 327's left and available. We recommend if you already have some 327's in your company then it is nice to keep the same unit so everyone knows how to use it. If not, then you definitely want to look at the new units.

I am pretty sure I am the only one that has use both Testo units and both Bacharach units on actual equipment as of today.

For the first time in about 6 years Bacharach has analyzers and can also recommend without my students being disappointed.

We will carry both but will also tell the differences, pro and cons!! The only thing I haven't figured out yet is which one I can throw the farthest!!
    captain CO

Testing Gas Furnaces

Testing light-off on gas furnaces is a waste of time if you don't care about:
    1. misaligned burners
    2. dirty burners
    3. defective or misaligned ignitors
    4. leaky gas valves

It didn't explode so that's okay with me, just isn't good enough!!
    captain CO

Whoa....we go two Genius Jim's.

holy cow. Jim Davis is back!

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    holy cow. Jim Davis is back!
    Never went away. Just waiting to see if any misinformation is being presented and I bit my tongue on the airflow one cause that's not my subject. Still trying to get my boss off the floor though.

Word to the wise, never buy an analyzer with the probe attached. That has been one of the biggest cause of failure of sensors when techs didn't disconnect them!!
    captain CO

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast