Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
    I took out the pump but couldn't figure out how to get it apart without breaking it. Is there a way of squeezing it to separate the halves?
    Arizona dreaming....

Quote Originally Posted by jjou812 View Post
    I took out the pump but couldn't figure out how to get it apart without breaking it. Is there a way of squeezing it to separate the halves?
    There are four legs that snap into the end of the pump. You have to stick a heavy paperclip in the hole in the end and loosed one side carefully and then the other while trying not to break the tabs. It is simple once you do it. Worst case send it to me and I can fix it.
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Well it depends on what you mean by soon. There is one scheduled in March. I am available for questions and advice anytime.
    When and where is this course scheduled in march ? And do you have some info on registering to attend ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gpjazz1023 View Post
    When and where is this course scheduled in march ? And do you have some info on registering to attend ? Thanks
    Usually the class will be at our training center in Sheffield Lake. You can check our website for the details for registration or just call the office.
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Usually the class will be at our training center in Sheffield Lake. You can check our website for the details for registration or just call the office.
    Ok thanks. What is the website address ?

Thanks. The pump came apart easily. I saw no dirt or any other problem with the diaphragm or reeds. I put it back together and now it works fine. I wonder what I did that fixed it.

Thanks again for your help.
    Arizona dreaming....

Has anyone had to change the thermocouple on the 327? Mine stopped working new one arrives Monday.

I bought a used Fyrite Pro 125 on the net before reading this thread.

Is the slowness of the pump the only reason why they aren't very popular here?

Would it be a good tool for a DIY to make sure his propane furnace isn't underfired?

If the O2 sensor is dead, is it worth fixing?

The fyrite pro is now obsolete. The slow pump is a problem in some cases but unless you are testing oil it is okay. The O2 sensor is about $160 and you just install it yourself. I would say it is worth it to fix if everything else is in good shape. CO sensors last up to 10 years but do need to be calibrated or checked every year.
    captain CO

Thanks Jim.
    It finally got here. I was confused because the temp probe wires were heat-shrinked to the hoses so that the plug didn't reach the unit, and there was no place on the bottom of the unit to plug it in.

Then I put batteries in it and the display said it was a model 105, not 125.

Can this be used to adjust a burner?
    With a 125, I would have checked the flue O2 and seen if I could get it down to 6% with a decent CO number.

With just a CO readout, I don't know what, if anything, to do with that information.

EDIT: I took it outside, zeroed it, stuck it in the vent and turned the furnace on.
    It read 0 ppm CO until the burners lit, climbed to about 340, and quickly settled down to 26, eventually leveling off at 21 ppm two or three minutes later. Does this tell me anything other than my furnace isn't dangerous?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910