+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do the Novar pulses work with a IMP-1010

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

How do the Novar pulses work with a IMP-1010

This is an older Novar controller. I've seen some newer ones that I think pulse something like .6 sec to 2.5 sec. I believe this one is on a 1 minute cycle on for 13 off for 47 etc. My question is about testing the IMP-1010 transducer. There is a momentary switch that will inflate/deflate the actuator but how can I test it with a relay or jumper wire? I tried constant on, constant off, manual pulsing, nothing works. Tried a few and they are all the same. I ordered a UCP-822 to replace one I am sure is dead but am unsure of how to set it up and test as well.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    As I said I have no software. I need some way of making this work. Someone mentioned a relay but didn't say how to wire it. The current 'triac' terminals go right to the IPM. Should I rewire and run 24 volts through those contacts to a relay? I am a little leery of powering outputs.

Post Likes
    Here is the test procedure from Novar
    ftp://techweb2.dsvr.co.uk/incoming/N...stallation.pdf

Post Likes
    Thanks Wolfie. Ok here is what I did. I knew this module is looking for pulse contact closure. I ohmed the IOM output but there was no continuity when the light was cycling. There was no a/c volts, dc volts, milliamps, nothing. Then I reexamined one that was working and found that it has it's own power supply going to the input contacts and my 'broken' one didn't. I took the advice here and put 24 volts through the IOM DO to power a relay which goes to the transducer. Good as new! Thanks.

Post Likes
    Thanks Wolfie. Ok here is what I did. I knew this module is looking for pulse contact closure. I ohmed the IOM output but there was no continuity when the light was cycling. There was no a/c volts, dc volts, milliamps, nothing. Then I reexamined one that was working and found that it has it's own power supply going to the input contacts and my 'broken' one didn't. I took the advice here and put 24 volts through the IOM DO to power a relay which goes to the new UCP 822 transducer. Good as new! Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in