Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Rosie saw the Light?

Just a few weeks ago Rosie was being vocal against Chick Fil A because the CEO leaked out that his religious beliefs were against gay marriage. She made it clear she didn't believe in God or what he had to say. Today we learn she suffered a near fatal MI and in her poem she states "thank god" then credits it to be a miracle she is alive. My question to Rosie is, have you changed your position on God or who do you credit a TV commerical still with saving your life? How about the diagnosing your new gay wife/ spouse with a rare form of cancer so she can begin treatment? Rosie, do you think God is sending you a message?

I wasn't aware she was on these forums....

You must be carefull with that "god sending a message stuff"

Do you think god was sending a message that she should be eating more chik fil a and that she should get a boyfriend ???

If so...

What kind of message is the lord sending to someone when he lets their kid end up in the hands of a brutal psychopath who tortures rapes and beats the child to death.....

and of course....what sort of lesson is being taught to that child....

The lord certainly works in some bizarre mysterious ways.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    You must be carefull with that "god sending a message stuff"

Do you think god was sending a message that she should be eating more chik fil a and that she should get a boyfriend ???

If so...

What kind of message is the lord sending to someone when he lets their kid end up in the hands of a brutal psychopath who tortures rapes and beats the child to death.....

and of course....what sort of lesson is being taught to that child....

The lord certainly works in some bizarre mysterious ways.
    I see you do NOT get the GOD thing.
    He does send warnings, and he does ALLOW evil to do its thing......
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    I see you do NOT get the GOD thing.
    He does send warnings, and he does ALLOW evil to do its thing......
    Thats what I just got done telling hearthman there cehs.....

I was just trying to warn him that when you bring that stuff a lot of people dont want to hear it.

Its hard to tell a person that your child was ripped apart by a maniac because God willed it.....

Or that 911 happened because God was trying to teach us a lesson....

Yes, cehs.... God works in some mysterious.......and sometimes bizarre ways.

"Its a miracle that god helped little Timmy escape from the clutches of that evil child murdering monster"

Yet its bizarre that the lord let this deviant get hold of Timmy in the first place.....

"God called little Lucy to heaven cause he has some special work for her do there"

Why in heavens name he ALLOWED her to be tortured raped and then beaten to death first is odd though.

Of course nobody has the answers to these questions.....

Unless its some kind of cop out answer.... like number 57b...."The lord works in mysterious ways"

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Of course nobody has the answers to these questions.....
    And give wide berth to any who say they do...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

I dont think Ive ever had a heart attack..... Before I got my stents for near 100 percent blockage I got sorta sick mowing the lawn on two occasions. The first time my chest was sorta tight and I cant describe the pain but at the time I thought it was because I had eaten some strong onion on a hamburger for supper that evening and went straight to mowing.

I stopped mowing for a few minutes and forced myself to belch a few times and the pain seemed to subside and I went back to mowing.

A couple weeks later it happened again in the middle of a marathon weedeating and mowing session...... and this time I had not eaten anything since lunch at work that day. Kept telling myself it was just indigestion but I knew different.

I dont know what kind of sign the lord was sending me..... Im one of the most compassionate, kind and benevolent people you would ever meet......god fearing......giving.......loving....... just an all around nice guy......

Maybe it was that I should slow down on the mowing and weedeating.......which ive done...... looks like he would actually send some kind of confirmation that you have done what he wanted after the warning is sent.

I believe Rosies message must have been to stop stuffing her foul mouth with those cholesterol bombs from chik fil a and other fast food places.

Her galfriends cancer...... who knows..... but I bet if that gal looks back on her past or even things she has done recently she just might be able to fiqure out why the lord has decided to RELEASE THE KRACKEN on her.

A non-believer saying "thank God" in that context is the same as saying "thank my lucky stars".

It doesn't mean that you've changed your mind.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

It reminds me of the old saying " There are no Atheist in FoxHoles".

Its easy being vocal about your position when your'e under no duress to ask for help.

It just shows what kind of person she is fundamentally. No integrity, no moral core, no humillity.

Truth is we are too damaged not to have faith in a concept other than our self. So celebrate the self if you want, devolve into a selfish opinionated pratt, ( Rosie Oddonell) and then scream out for Gods mercy when a health problem exposes your weakneses.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    A non-believer saying "thank God" in that context is the same as saying "thank my lucky stars".

It doesn't mean that you've changed your mind.
    So you are Rosie's official spokesperson? I mean if you're an atheist, then why is there the need to thank anyone? You guys struggle to find excuses for not believing to justify your life choices but your discomfort in not believing convicts you every time.

Sigh.

I say that based on observed evidence with regards to those who really have found God as a result of something bad happening to them. In that case, they loudly proclaim thier status and make sure you know what the change was all about.

And of course, it's always back to the same song and dance in these matters; if you don't believe, it can only be that something is wrong with you! You are selfish, arrogant, believing yourself to be a god!

Here's a newsflash for you, believing is not a prerequisite for being disappointed in the human condition on many levels.

You guys could really use some new script writers. Great plan; when someone doesn't agree with you, insult them!

Brilliant stuff. Really worthy of ARP.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Our trouble is two-fold...

1. We're mechanically minded, cause and effect type folks here. Everything that happens has a reason and ultimately a fix. It may not be practical to do the repair, i.e. replace a compressor but, it can be done if necessary. Our mind set simply cannot accept that there may be no answer coming when the bluebird of happiness dies in our Cornflakes.

2. Being American, the idea of a sovereign ruler accountable to none of us or our laws, who demands obedience contrary to our desires and wishes and who expects us to trust him when everything in our life screams "No" and answers are neither forthcoming or offered, is simply foreign to us.

I cringe when well meaning brethren congratulate what appears to be the hand of God blessing the progress on my house. What if my entire family is taken out by an errant logging truck on the road to our new home next week? Does that make God a klutz now?

Religion and Atheisn prosper because we want answers...any answers that can make us feel like we're on the right track or at least bring a sense of order to the chaos around us. Biblical Christianity offers surprisingly little hope to those who need answers to their questions as a reason to follow God--and--surprisingly few solutions for those who do.

For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

I did some research on Rosie and I cant find any information that says she is an athiest. I found one comment that she made about radical christians but thats it.....and it doesnt neccesarily make her an athiest.

Oh...and Im not defending her either.....

I dont know much about her other than she is a foul mouthed comedienne.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast