Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 105
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Ufologists do not say the existence of UFO’s is a proven fact. They say there is a preponderance of evidence. All you have to do is research it, which no vocal, debunking scientists will do.

    But there are facts surrounding the issue: People do not understand the implication surrounding the topic, it does not interest them, they believe what politicians, clergy, and the six O’clock new says about them and they have the ability to “snicker” at hundreds of very high level, credible witnesses.
    Yes, a preponderance of heresay evidence. Which is as good as none at all.

    As I said, no one disputes that people are seeing SOMETHING. What is disputed is what they are. Probably a combination of things. Still, does it make sense that we only see them here, and not in space on approach? We've got instruments to detect some pretty small objects out there. But if we want to fantasize, then I say they are historians from the future. That solves many problems like lack of alien remains and technology.

    I have as much evidence for my wild guess as you do yours. None.

    Why do you assume I haven't looked in to this. In fact, I've read a lot of books that agree with you. Unfortunately Von Daniken's et al methodology has been shown to be decidedly unscientific. Science begins with fact, according to the Scientific Method. Since you have none, I think it's rather silly to attack scientists by saying that they won't look in to it.

    There's nothing to look in to.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Not sure what prompted this bit of silly, but I'm an agnostic.

    So, did you have some relevant point to make about my post?

    Oh, and BTW, there is not a SINGLE shred of hard evidence that aliens exist, aboard UFOs or otherwise.
    Your so wrong...try Rendlesham Forrest....

    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,205
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Your so wrong...try Rendlesham Forrest....

    Roy
    Exactly! We have photographs, radar tapes, and eye witness testimony from the average person to astronauts and generals from around the world. Many of which have testified that there is physical evidence, including members of our own CIA.

    I guess their all wrong though huh.

    Telling these people that they were mistaking in what they saw would be like someone telling us we don't know what a compressor looks like.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Your so wrong...try Rendlesham Forrest....

    Roy
    No hard evidence from the Rendlesham incident. Lot of conflicting statements and everything that happened there can be attributed to earthly man made or natural sources of light.

    Someone needs to get some pictures or some video of one.....and clear pictures or clear video. Not just blobs of light.

    UFOS visiting from another world......lol........and they have running lights on them. lol lol lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    No hard evidence from the Rendlesham incident. Lot of conflicting statements and everything that happened there can be attributed to earthly man made or natural sources of light.
    Correct. Even wiki continually uses the word "alleged" while describing the event.

    Do people know why we use the word "alleged"?
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Exactly! We have photographs, radar tapes, and eye witness testimony from the average person to astronauts and generals from around the world. Many of which have testified that there is physical evidence, including members of our own CIA.

    I guess their all wrong though huh.
    I never said anyone was wrong, simply that all we have is heresay.

    Science conducts its work using standards for a reason. And that reason is that if we don't, then literally *anything* that man can dream up can potentially become a "fact".

    Heresay also presents us with things like ghosts and many conspiracy theories. You are not alone in believing in things that follow no standard.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    He himself states he feels all reglions are scams for control then admits he believes in one of the biggest scams out there, created by a science fiction writer. Go play with your E-meter Jose'.
    He had me until he started saying he's a "really common-sense type of man" and then started spewing out some garbage. Then he mentions Scientology because "because it’s a religion mostly based on science and fact". Then I had him all figured out. He's one of those people.

    I don't subscribe to any religion, though I'm not atheist either. But of all things, Scientology is neither Religion nor Science, and L. Ron Hubbard is a mad man.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,709
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I never said anyone was wrong, simply that all we have is heresay.

    Science conducts its work using standards for a reason. And that reason is that if we don't, then literally *anything* that man can dream up can potentially become a "fact".

    Heresay also presents us with things like ghosts and many conspiracy theories. You are not alone in believing in things that follow no standard.
    Well said!

    There has to be a 'yardstick' to measure things by... and that yardstick has to be a constant. If we go monkeying with the constant just because we 'want' to believe something... then our 'proof' holds less water than a funnel.
    The yardstick says NO, the variables say YES... which one would a wise man believe, and which one would a dreamer or hoper believe?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    He admits Scientology is a religion then ends with all religions are brainwashing. I agree, because Christianity is not a "reglion"- it is the Word of God. Religions are all founded in evil because they are of this world, which, since The Fall, is inherently evil. Haven't seen the journal proving all life was created by, for and of evil. The Bible says God created life for his love and to see if we will have faith and follow His Word to rise above the evil all around us or fall into temptation and evil.
    If science 'wanted' girls to have sex and reproduce as soon as they become fertile then why didn't science advance their maturation enough for them to be self sufficient? Many animals are capable of reproduction but remain for an extended period with mom and dad until they can live on their own.

    I doubt Jose' could come up with the verbiage quoted above--I think it is Scientology/ atheistic pyschobabble. He himself states he feels all reglions are scams for control then admits he believes in one of the biggest scams out there, created by a science fiction writer. Go play with your E-meter Jose'.

    Good post.

    Another "celebrity" who's ego has succumbed to years and years of being surrounded by sycophants who tell him how great he is on a daily basis .

    In the end you have a ego maniac who's dumb as a box of rocks and in one long open letter exposes himself as a hypocrite and a moron.

    A relationship with Jesus Christ is a personal connection that has nothing to do with religion. Go ahead Jose, write Scientology another check and preach the cultist nonsense that they're known for.

    Scientologist needs to follow the Hale Bop's example and "ascend" to their mother ship ASAP.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    No hard evidence from the Rendlesham incident.
    Sure there is. Many photographs were taken from close range of the craft and were handed over to be developed. What was given back to him were blank negatives. But I’m sure you think that is far too sophisticated for our military to switch them out before giving hard evidence back to him.

    If you say there are conflicting testimonies then that is no different than witnessing any event. Accounts always vary. But with Rendlesham there are over 30 servicemen and servicewomen that witnessed the events of those two nights, including the Deputy Base Commander who is still taking about it today.

    If you buy the light house theory then you made up your mind before you even listened to the servicemen. Those servicemen were not smucks. They were guarding nuclear weapons.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Correct. Even wiki continually uses the word "alleged" while describing the event.
    If you are using Wiki to learn about Rendlesham then you are an armchair debunker.

    As for Von Daniken, he asks many questions and makes very few statements of fact. But since his questions are uncomfortable for science to deal with, they bash him.

    You haven’t shown that you know much at all about the UFO topic yet you can say there is no evidence. …very typical.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,225
    Again... Wheres the proof..... where are the photos...... why did one guy not report anything suspicious but lights and then years later put out the story of being with a craft for 40 minutes or so.....touching it etc....

    Government conspiracy....lol

    Checks in the mail.......

    Dog ate my homework........

    I handed them a perfect roll of film and they handed me back blanks....

    Im not going to say that there cant be strange things out there that people see or witness...... but until they come up with some good photos or a dead alien.... Im not going to believe it.

    I drive down some pretty desolate interstate quite a bit and its usually in the middle of the night and I see some strange stuff all the time..... but it usually clears itself up as I get closer to the source.

    Chance of another planet with life out there somewhere...... could be.... chance those have been visiting us for thousands of years without making some sort of contact......doubtfull.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Again... Where’s the proof..... where are the photos...... why did one guy not report anything suspicious but lights and then years later put out the story of being with a craft for 40 minutes or so.....touching it etc....

    Government conspiracy....lol

    Checks in the mail.......

    Dog ate my homework........

    I handed them a perfect roll of film and they handed me back blanks....

    Im not going to say that there cant be strange things out there that people see or witness...... but until they come up with some good photos or a dead alien.... Im not going to believe it.

    I drive down some pretty desolate interstate quite a bit and its usually in the middle of the night and I see some strange stuff all the time..... but it usually clears itself up as I get closer to the source.

    Chance of another planet with life out there somewhere...... could be.... chance those have been visiting us for thousands of years without making some sort of contact......doubtfull.
    If there were photos you would say they were doctored.
    If there was proof they were not doctored, you’d say “where are the occupants?”
    If there were photos of occupants you’d say they were faked.
    If there was proof they were not faked, you’d say “where is the autopsy report?”

    There is always the other side of the coin people can choose to look at.

    BTW _ I do not “believe” that UFO’s are from outer space. I believe that there are so many credible witnesses to something of very high technology that flies in our skies that it deserves to be looked at with an open mind. The amount of cases just like Rendlesham where silent, hovering craft shot laser type beams onto our ICBM missiles is staggering. But if you think our government would tell us all they know on the subject, it would be a waste of your time to look into it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event