Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

José Can Say So - Religions Are Cults

Ran across this, figured I'd post it, I know its ARP's favorite subject<grin>

If there’s only supposed to be one God, why are there so many religions? Why are there so many beliefs? Why do certain beliefs clash with others? I’m just confused about the whole thing. And if God made man in his image, then what image is God? Is God black, white, or Chinese? Is God a woman? A midget? I mean: What is God? To me religion is a scam, a way to control society. It doesn’t make any sense. It does not make any sense.

I question the fact that there are a million reasons why there supposedly is a God, but people are hesitant to explore the reasons why there might not be a God. For example, why do most girls have their first period before they’re 13? Why do girls have periods so early in life? If there was a God, this might be different. Our society tries to put religious stipulations on sex, but biology has different plans. What does it mean for a girl to have her period? That means she’s ready to have sex and give birth, right? But, depending on which state you live in, our laws say you can’t have sex till you are 16 or whatever. A lot of times our laws contradict what our God—if there is a God—says. The whole system is backward, messed up, and corrupt.

There are no buts about it. The government has been mixed with religion. The most confusing part is that many different religions believe in one God, but some don’t. It’s like, which god should I believe in? Which one is the best? With some religions you have to pick a god and the others you ignore. What’s that about?

I will admit that it’s weird to believe that there is no God and nothing after death. Is that why religion was invented? Is it because people think life is so bad, there has to be something after death—something different? What if there is no life after death? What if it’s just blackness? I for one believe there is no afterlife. We’re just like cockroaches. It’s real simple: Dying is like never being born. Do you understand now? It’s the same thing.

I’ve always been a really common-sense type of man. Long ago I figured out that religion doesn’t make sense. If there was a God, why is there so much pain and suffering and so many wars? Science says man was created of, by, and for evil. If God exists, then God rules the heavens, and Satan rules the earth. Terror. We’re born of evil. As little kids what’s the word we always hear? No. We always hear no. “No, don’t do that. Don’t do this. No. No. No. Don’t.” This is because most of the human species is evil. We’re born of Satan, of Earth. Some get it a lot quicker. Some don’t get it at all: namely, those who commit crimes, murderers, and rapists. They do not get anything, and yet these are the people who will never convert. Darkness reigns.

I’m an atheist-Scientologist. It’s really simple. The reason why I look toward Scientology as an acceptable alternative is because it’s a religion mostly based on science and fact. I think Scientology is closer to atheism than anything else. I don’t believe in cosmos or agnosticism. I believe there’s just life on Earth and then you die. It’s the same as never being born. I think religions are cults. They’re cliques; they’re gangs. They know how to control the masses.

I haven’t examined each religion in detail to know if one is worse. I think every religion is hypocritical. If you don’t agree with one, then you’re fighting against another. Religions confuse people. People’s religions aren’t based on fact. They’re more like theories about what may have happened in the past. Religion is a form of brainwashing.

José Canseco
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

"The Bible's blind, the Torah's deaf, the Koran is mute. If you burned them all together you'd get close to the truth"

I have studied a few religions and was underwhelmed in the end. The coolest, most plausible theory so far is the Ancient Alien theory.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    The coolest, most plausible theory so far is the Ancient Alien theory.
    I agree, it does have the most untainted evidence over time. But how are they going to make a religion around it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I agree, it does have the most untainted evidence over time. But how are they going to make a religion around it?
    What makes you think they haven't?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

He admits Scientology is a religion then ends with all religions are brainwashing. I agree, because Christianity is not a "reglion"- it is the Word of God. Religions are all founded in evil because they are of this world, which, since The Fall, is inherently evil. Haven't seen the journal proving all life was created by, for and of evil. The Bible says God created life for his love and to see if we will have faith and follow His Word to rise above the evil all around us or fall into temptation and evil.
    If science 'wanted' girls to have sex and reproduce as soon as they become fertile then why didn't science advance their maturation enough for them to be self sufficient? Many animals are capable of reproduction but remain for an extended period with mom and dad until they can live on their own.

I doubt Jose' could come up with the verbiage quoted above--I think it is Scientology/ atheistic pyschobabble. He himself states he feels all reglions are scams for control then admits he believes in one of the biggest scams out there, created by a science fiction writer. Go play with your E-meter Jose'.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    He himself states he feels all reglions are scams for control then admits he believes in one of the biggest scams out there, created by a science fiction writer. Go play with your E-meter Jose'.
    He had me until he started saying he's a "really common-sense type of man" and then started spewing out some garbage. Then he mentions Scientology because "because it’s a religion mostly based on science and fact". Then I had him all figured out. He's one of those people.

I don't subscribe to any religion, though I'm not atheist either. But of all things, Scientology is neither Religion nor Science, and L. Ron Hubbard is a mad man.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    He admits Scientology is a religion then ends with all religions are brainwashing. I agree, because Christianity is not a "reglion"- it is the Word of God. Religions are all founded in evil because they are of this world, which, since The Fall, is inherently evil. Haven't seen the journal proving all life was created by, for and of evil. The Bible says God created life for his love and to see if we will have faith and follow His Word to rise above the evil all around us or fall into temptation and evil.
    If science 'wanted' girls to have sex and reproduce as soon as they become fertile then why didn't science advance their maturation enough for them to be self sufficient? Many animals are capable of reproduction but remain for an extended period with mom and dad until they can live on their own.

I doubt Jose' could come up with the verbiage quoted above--I think it is Scientology/ atheistic pyschobabble. He himself states he feels all reglions are scams for control then admits he believes in one of the biggest scams out there, created by a science fiction writer. Go play with your E-meter Jose'.

Good post.

Another "celebrity" who's ego has succumbed to years and years of being surrounded by sycophants who tell him how great he is on a daily basis .

In the end you have a ego maniac who's dumb as a box of rocks and in one long open letter exposes himself as a hypocrite and a moron.

A relationship with Jesus Christ is a personal connection that has nothing to do with religion. Go ahead Jose, write Scientology another check and preach the cultist nonsense that they're known for.

Scientologist needs to follow the Hale Bop's example and "ascend" to their mother ship ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    What makes you think they haven't?
    The probability that we were visited by highly advanced beings in the past as uncovered by archeologists is hardly a religion.

An example of their high technology:
    An engineer recently visited stone ruins in Peru (don’t remember which ones right now). He had a micrometer with him used for measuring flatness over a given area. He measured the flatness of a glass tabletop in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton where he was staying. It measured 9 / 1000th of an inch deflection over 16 inches. He then took the same device to the ruins to measure the flatness of the large stone surfaces. They measured 2 / 1000th of an inch deflection.

So tell me. Is it a “religion” to suspect they accomplished that with more than a hammer and a chisel?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The probability that we were visited by highly advanced beings in the past as uncovered by archeologists is hardly a religion.

An example of their high technology:
    An engineer recently visited stone ruins in Peru (don’t remember which ones right now). He had a micrometer with him used for measuring flatness over a given area. He measured the flatness of a glass tabletop in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton where he was staying. It measured 9 / 1000th of an inch deflection over 16 inches. He then took the same device to the ruins to measure the flatness of the large stone surfaces. They measured 2 / 1000th of an inch deflection.

So tell me. Is it a “religion” to suspect they accomplished that with more than a hammer and a chisel?
    IMO, the Bible contains many references to the fact that we may have been visited by alien beings of some sort such as Ezekiel's vision and The Nephilim.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Looks like Jose got hit in the old noggin one time to many. Looks to me like he is making excuses to be with underaged girls and if he really is a scientologist then he is getting with underaged boys too.

What a monster.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Easy corny, Tom Cruise is gonna get infidels like you.

The Bible is a metaphorical construct subject to interpretation. No two people, even of the same denomination can agree with one another on its meanings.
    -- Confucius

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast