Hello New 2 HVAC-Talk

I have used this site in the past for some info and always found what I was looking for.
    I have been in the business since 1978. First started carring tools for the old guys now I am the old timer.
    I owned and operated a service company in Ca till 2003.
    Currently own and operate a service co here in AR since 2005
    Specialize in restaurant equipment, Refrigeration, and cooking equipment.

we are referred to as Seasoned or GRUPPY

welcome aboard
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Good to hear a service company has the fortitude to to restaurant hot AND cold sides. For a long time the company I work for was the only one in the area that did. Do you have many techs that work on both hot and cold equipment or do they stick to one or the other?

Quote Originally Posted by johnp7108 View Post
    Good to hear a service company has the fortitude to to restaurant hot AND cold sides. For a long time the company I work for was the only one in the area that did. Do you have many techs that work on both hot and cold equipment or do they stick to one or the other?
    I for the past 7 years I have worked alone. I don't know of too many in this area who do both sides on a regular basis. There are even fewer who have a good reputation for getting things fixed or patched to operate till the needed parts can be had for a proper repair. (In a timley manor.) Most will strugle through it when there is nothing else for them to do.
    I also have found it is a plus if you can do it all for your customer, don't turn down any work, One stop shop for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SCS View Post
    I also have found it is a plus if you can do it all for your customer, don't turn down any work, One stop shop for them.
    Same for us. Our biggest problem with cross training guys is getting the refrigeration guys to work on greasy fryers and the cooking guys to go up ladders....