Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Barton explains the Sally Hemmings hoax, and Jefferson's slavery issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gW93SbsSg8

(i've been posting about the Hemmings hoax on forums for years)

Good post, proof of more lies by the left in their never ending misson to thrash our founding fathers and American History in general. All White males are bad only minorities are good. Dishonesty and lies are what liberals are all about. Thank you very much.

Barton is a joke. He is no historian and he has proven nothing. There are actual historians who have studied the jefferson hemings relationship and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he fathered children by her.

Hemings was mixed race and very fair skinned.....her children could pass for white and as adults after gaining their freedom they lived their lives as whites. I believe even old sally herself passed for white.

Its no biggie.....Jefferson was just a man of his times..... The man owned slaves.....he owned people.....doesnt matter if he inherited them or not...... he was a slave owner.

Jefferson thought of the indians as savages and thought that it was gods will if they had to be slaughtered and butchered in order to benefit the white business and land owners.

I mean damn..... you guys act like jefferson making little slave babies is a slander against him.......lol.... He owned people..... He didnt see anything wrong with slaughtering innocent children and babies of they were "savages"......

Yep...real great man there.

Baron takes those who believes his BS as ignorant rubes ready to fall for anything......and the sad thing is that many people do fall for it.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Barton is a joke. He is no historian and he has proven nothing. There are actual historians who have studied the jefferson hemings relationship and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he fathered children by her.

Hemings was mixed race and very fair skinned.....her children could pass for white and as adults after gaining their freedom they lived their lives as whites. I believe even old sally herself passed for white.

Its no biggie.....Jefferson was just a man of his times..... The man owned slaves.....he owned people.....doesnt matter if he inherited them or not...... he was a slave owner.

Jefferson thought of the indians as savages and thought that it was gods will if they had to be slaughtered and butchered in order to benefit the white business and land owners.

I mean damn..... you guys act like jefferson making little slave babies is a slander against him.......lol.... He owned people..... He didnt see anything wrong with slaughtering innocent children and babies of they were "savages"......

Yep...real great man there.

Baron takes those who believes his BS as ignorant rubes ready to fall for anything......and the sad thing is that many people do fall for it.
    Wow corny you got that liberal "Newspeak" down as opposed to "Oldspeak" right out of 1984. Remove all PC words and thought and only talk in the correct jargon of modern day leftest approved history and propaganda. You must be a good warrior for the left here. Never read the article just blast the author with stuff you pull out of your duberry. Don't argue the facts just trash all you believe in the facts and truth. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

well, you can try to trash Barton if you want.
    i was posting that this story is false , i think, before Barton became famous.
    none of the official Jefferson historians agree with the story, i'm pretty sure Wikipedia has the story listed as a theory.
    i'm pretty sure this theory is only a step or two away from being officially false. there are certain people who don't want to give up on it

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Wow corny you got that liberal "Newspeak" down as opposed to "Oldspeak" right out of 1984. Remove all PC words and thought and only talk in the correct jargon of modern day leftest approved history and propaganda. You must be a good warrior for the left here. Never read the article just blast the author with stuff you pull out of your duberry. Don't argue the facts just trash all you believe in the facts and truth. Thank you, thank you very much

The truth never hurt anyone....... except for batsh*t crazy wackjobs like david barton....

When barton publishes his crap or he gives his speaking engagements....... you do know that he is willfully deceiving those who are ignorant enough to eat up his words dont you ???

He laughs all the way to the bank at his readers and at the people who pay to come and here his revisionist tales.

Publisher pulls Barton book

Citing a loss of confidence in the book's details, Christian publisher Thomas Nelson is ending the publication and distribution of the best-seller "The Thomas Jefferson Lies: Exposing The Myths You've Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson" by David Barton.

The book has already been pulled off the Thomas Nelson website and the publisher is in the process of pulling down its availablility as an e-book from retail partners. Publishing rights are being reverted to the author and the physical copies of the book are in the process of being removed from bookstores.

"The truth is, the withdrawing of a book from the market is extremely rare. It is so rare I can't think of the last time we've done this" said Brian Hampton, Senior Vice President and Publisher for Thomas Nelson.

Since its initial publication, historians have debunked and raised concerns about numerous claims in Barton's book. The book's publisher came to the same conclusion. Hampton said "If there are matters of fact not correctly handled or the basic truth is not there, we would make a decision based on that. Were these matters of opinion? Were they differences of opinion? But as we got into it, our conclusion was that the criticisms were correct. There were historical details-matters of fact, not matters of opinions, that were not supported at all. The basic truths just were not there."

Barton is known in the trade as a 'Liar for Jesus.' In the past he has been forced to withdraw false quotations, fabricated stories and numerous articles and essays because of poor scholarship.

Barton has no training in history nor uses accepted and proper practices in the field.

Barton has little credibility not to mention a severe lack of integrity.

Nice to see even the Christian press is recognizing Barton as a dishonest quack.

Old Tom was plowing Sally like an Iowa cornfield...... I bet the whole time he was doing her he was thinking of how much this little slave was gonna bring on the market or what types of chores this one would be doing once he was able to walk.

Jefferson was an inovator......I heard one time that even considered raising slaves as beef.... Pretty sure that its true too as folks back then didnt even consider the african or the indian fully human. They were considered savages and beasts of the field.....

Id say Jefferson tried some human....err...slave beef before...... Probably had the childs mother cook it up for him.

Old Tom was plowing Sally like an Iowa cornfield...... I bet the whole time he was doing her he was thinking of how much this little slave was gonna bring on the market or what types of chores this one would be doing once he was able to walk.

Jefferson was an inovator......I heard one time that even considered raising slaves as beef.... Pretty sure that its true too as folks back then didnt even consider the african or the indian fully human. They were considered savages and beasts of the field.....

Id say Jefferson tried some human....err...slave beef before...... Probably had the childs mother cook it up for him.
    You are one worthless sick individual!

Who in their right mind cares what went on more than two hundred years ago.

Slavery and indentured servitude was a normal aspect of life in those times and for thousands of years before. We understand that it was wrong and mis guided today at least most of the world does. You cannot hold a man to today's standards based on actions from centuries past.

To accuse a former great President of the US of cannibalism, perversion and debauchery with no evidence other than your thoughts is extremely foul and IMO reflects negatively on your soul, personality and sanity corny.

Do you have any friends or do you keep your outrageous opinions to yourself outside of ARP? Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    To accuse a former great President of the US of cannibalism, perversion and debauchery with no evidence other than your thoughts is extremely foul and IMO reflects negatively on your soul, personality and sanity corny.

Do you have any friends or do you keep your outrageous opinions to yourself outside of ARP? Thank you, thank you very much
    Just curious here, why do you end every post with "thank you, thank you very much"?

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Just curious here, why do you end every post with "thank you, thank you very much"?
    Think Elvis...... the perverted fat drug addicted pedo who died on his toilet.

Glenns idea of a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    You are one worthless sick individual!

Who in their right mind cares what went on more than two hundred years ago.

Slavery and indentured servitude was a normal aspect of life in those times and for thousands of years before. We understand that it was wrong and mis guided today at least most of the world does. You cannot hold a man to today's standards based on actions from centuries past.
    Evidently you care what went on a couple hundred years ago or you would not be on here name calling..... or trying to make excuses for Jeffersons behavior.

Yes classical.... people were different back then. Jefferson could run a sword thru a slave or native infant just as easy as he could a rabid dog........and he wouldnt lose a wink of sleep at night.

Doesnt mean that people shouldnt be educated on how they lived or what their mindset was like back then.

Slave beef.....lol

That was a little out there but considering how people back then thought and considering that Jefferson was a great thinker and innovator..... you know it crossed his mind....more than once too........

Anyhow..... why dont you just lighten up a little.....if you are so thin skinned that you have to resort to insults......then go hang out in the tools section a while.

Jefferson is dead and awaiting his internment in hell for his sins.......... while we cant hold him to our standards....he will be held to the lords standards.

adding this.... I am sure that there were people back in those times who didnt believe in skewering native babies on bayonets or enslaving africans..... those were people who lived by the bible and didnt make excuses like considering people less than human savages or believing that burning a village down and killing all the inhabitants to make way for a corn field was gods will.
    Last edited by corny; 08-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast