+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JCI/Metasys System N2

Post Likes
    I have some sites that have N2 Devices. They used to have external modems, were using and aux access program and using external modem. They external modem will dial and connect to modem at site. But when I try to connect to site with hvac pro the site doesnt show any devices. It used to work for years and it just stop working. Any suggestions why?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesL92878 View Post
    I have some sites that have N2 Devices. They used to have external modems, were using and aux access program and using external modem. They external modem will dial and connect to modem at site. But when I try to connect to site with hvac pro the site doesnt show any devices. It used to work for years and it just stop working. Any suggestions why?
    Based on this information it sounds like the modems and the communications lines are still working. I would check both the connection to the modem at the remote site and the Metasys device that it is connected to. It sounds like the Metasys device on site might have lost its programming, had its N2 bus disconnected, or some similar problem.
    Steve Jones, President, S4 Integration Solutions, Inc.
    Visit us at https://www.s4integrationsolutions.com

Post Likes
    Hey steve thanks. The modem is connected to a dialer and the dialer connects into the UNT controller. The weird this is that if I plug into the N2 on the dialer I can get into the controls on site. Plus we only have 2 sites that are like this as far as having to use external modem. Both sites stopped working around the same time.

Post Likes
    Hey steve thanks. The modem is connected to a dialer and the dialer connects into the UNT controller. The weird this is that if I plug into the N2 on the dialer I can get into the controls on site. Plus we only have 2 sites that are like this as far as having to use external modem. Both sites stopped working around the same time.
    Did you possibly upgrade your Windows PC? There could be a driver problem with the modem.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steves4 View Post
    Did you possibly upgrade your Windows PC? There could be a driver problem with the modem.
    That could be possible. The guy who used to have the computer is no longer here. The computer is currently XP and as far as I know it has always been XP

Post Likes
    That could be possible. The guy who used to have the computer is no longer here. The computer is currently XP and as far as I know it has always been XP

Now is it possible to just replace both modems at local office and at remote site to fix the problem?

Post Likes
    Now is it possible to just replace both modems at local office and at remote site to fix the problem?
    Or, possibly just update the drivers on XP. You'll need to look into modem compatibility with the Metasys dialer and software. That is a device I have never worked with.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steves4 View Post
    Or, possibly just update the drivers on XP. You'll need to look into modem compatibility with the Metasys dialer and software. That is a device I have never worked with.
    Ok thank you. This has been very helpful.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    And your automated logic front end is going to be able to program JCI N2 devices? I am very interested in how you will do that I may be interested in using the product...
    Automated Logic cannot program the N2 devices but it does make a fine head end. They have their own integration to N2 Open devices. When the job involvess DX-9100 or VMA devices many of their dealers use our BACnet-N2 Router.

Post Likes
    JamesL92878,
    It sounds like you have an NDM from your comments. I haven't touched/worked with one for many years.

If memory serves, you have to use "Auxillary Access" in the Configuration Tools menu to connect to one and then use HVAC-Pro to access the N2 devices. The PC/Laptop has to have a similar modem to the one connected to the NDM (same speed and maybe same Mfgr/model on both ends).

A photo would be helpful.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in