+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane Comm 4 Infocon driver

Post Likes

Trane Comm 4 Infocon driver

We have a number of Trane Comm 4 VAVs monitored from a JACE with the Infocon driver. The owner says that when they change a min air flow setting, they later see it revert back and often go to zero, instead of staying where they set it. Anyone familiar with this issue either as a Trane problem or an Infocon driver problem?

Post Likes
    Are they setting the minimum airflow setting too low? If I remember correctly there is a minimum setting allowed based on the percentage of the max airflow setting. Zero may be acceptable and may be why it is changing to zero.

Post Likes
    They were actually trying to raise the minimum, so that doesn't sound like the problem, but thanks for the idea.

Post Likes
    I had ran into this same issue. I had found that the actual point in the Andover programming was programmed as though it was a sensor input on the device. This must be an Andover standard way of programming these flow rates. I'm not sure if this allows for a field calibration??? Anyways, our work around was to get into the programming for each controllers MinFlowSetpt and adjust the range on this point. It would allow us to command this value within the range that is set.

Post Likes
    Andover?
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in