Mitsubishi Ducted AC (not ductless, not heat pump)

I was told that Mitsubishi makes conventional, ducted AC units (not heat pumps). In addition I was told that it uses an inverter drive compressor (DC, true variable speed). I cannot find these units online. Can anyone confirm or deny what I was told? If they exist please provide some part numbers, model numbers or the like along with any comments you might have.

My goal is to end up with a really effecient 2 or preferably 3 zone system in my two story 3400 sq. ft. home. So much of what I've seen seems to involve a lot of compromise along with hit or miss tuning. Not the kind of thing that I want to invest much money in.

Thanks.

If you are looking for zoning, why not zone your existing ductwork?

If it is possible, it would be way less money.

Yes the make ducted units. Up to 10 tons i think. You can have a number of them go to one outdoor unit

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Yes the make ducted units. Up to 10 tons i think. You can have a number of them go to one outdoor unit
    My catalog is at the office so I don't have model numbers. Will post tomorrow if no one else does.

You talking about a City Multi? Try a search on that.

Here is a video of one that we installed, it is the PUMY-P36 system outside with a PVFY-P36 inside but it is a heat pump not a cooling only. I personally don't know why you wouldn't spend a few dollars extra to get the heat pump instead of the AC only model.
    However the only way to zone this system is to install seperate air handlers in each zone as there are no zone dampers/panels that work with this system since it is a propriatary communication system.

http://youtu.be/ZrCId6XNkR4
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Heat pump is the way to go. Doesn't cost to much more and they are designed to work at low ambient temps. The extra money is well worth it

You might be referring to the SEZ ducted units that work with the MXZ outdoor units.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

Or the zuba system which has standard airhandler and ductwork but it's a heat pump