Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kansastech
    I just didn't want to let my 12yrs of hard work go down the drain.
    But if you don't get this resolved fairly soon every extra day you work there it's another day of hard work "down the drain" if you end up (for whatever reason) not being able to buy the business. If it's been your intention to buy this business and it ends up the two of you cannot agree to terms then depending upon what you might have been able to do elsewhere you may have been wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by kansastech View Post
    I have been thinking with my experience I could probably get alot better pay and benefits somewhere else, I have just been hanging in there for the business I guess. But Im not afraid to jump ship if things dont work out because I think I could find another job fairly easy. I just didn't want to let my 12yrs of hard work go down the drain.
    I don't think that it's "time down the drain"....you've built yourself a stable reputation, which will serve you well, either if you buy that business, or start your own. This trade is full of guys who play the "which company van is in my driveway this year?" game. Sit down, and talk to the guy. He may just be emotionally wrestling with the idea of retiring and letting go. If you really want to buy the business, you should be aggressively pursuing it, not just waiting for him to say "here ya go"......
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Grew up in our "family" business so feel your pain. Still I'd recommend the "face to face" talk before you do anything. If he's as stuck in his non-productive ways as it sounds like, you might consider moving on to either self employment, or another company. But "man up" and have that face to face talk first. After this many years, you owe him that. His "cash flow" situation sounds familiar in that my Dad also did same thing and "strangely" the business ALWAYS had cash flow problems because of a poor business practice like mailing every invoice to the customer (extended credit to EVERYONE). Cannot believe he survives today doing that!! When you're discussing purchasing business you need to consider the negative impact you will have to initially endure from long term customers when you make the change to COD payment.

whatever happened to loyalty???

you are 31???

OMG!!!!!!!!!

do you think working there for 5 or 6 more years will hurt your resume???
    will you not get better at what you do and even build more loyalty with EXISTING customer base??

I am ashamed of you!

You should be too and all the guys telling you to bail!!

I am surprised John fish scale markl did not rip your arse!!!!!

for God sake please listen to me

there are hundreds of millions of Americans out of work and especially in podunk kansas!!!!!!!!!

change your attitude be thankful and soldier on!

You have it great and you are just a kid!
    i think you have a great future right where you are!!

STOP AND LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do not listen to other people! idiots!!!!!!

john you let me down!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

john are you on xanax or something??

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    HA !! Wait til you own the place, or start one of your own...that "two weeks paid" will start lookin' pretty sweet The last time I had a week of paid vacation was in July of 2000....

I give a week after a year, two weeks after 3, and three weeks after 5....and the usual six holidays.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12