american standard compressor windings

what should the compressor windings ohm out at in an American Standard (Trane) [three phase] model # CSHC075R0A00? I am getting .47kOhms/351Ohms/97Ohms.

They need to be even between all three legs. Make sure you test at compressor terminals without wires connected to get an accurate reading.

those readings are with all wires removed and the breaker kicks off each time power is applied and the 208 leg was burned at the disconnect upon my arrival. I think the compressor is shorted and needs to be replaced but checking to be sure before I condem the part. thanks

Your readings do not indicate a short.

.47kOhms actually qualifies as an OPEN winding in my book.

The problem may still be with the compressor, but you haven't provided enough information to determine for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by newjack View Post
    what should the compressor windings ohm out at in an American Standard (Trane) [three phase] model # CSHC075R0A00? I am getting .47kOhms/351Ohms/97Ohms.
    If those numbers are true, then the compressor is dead.

Those numbers seem kindof weird, maybe get an opinion from another meter? You should also check the CC heater to ground, if it has one. Also check each winding to ground.

BTW to address your question, usually you'll get .7 to 2 ohms between each winding.

those are the true numbers and I think the compressor is dead also but just wanted conformation

reading were done with a fieldpiece hs36 meter and checked multiple times to be sure accurate, as I stated earlier the pwr kicked at breaker box and 208 wire was burned at disconnect when I arrived, breakers and disconnect are good and so is contactor on unit, did every electrical ck I could think of and compressor windings were only thing out of wack and this is a 3 phase so should have been same on ea leg of compressor winding.

Quote Originally Posted by newjack View Post
    reading were done with a fieldpiece hs36 meter and checked multiple times to be sure accurate, as I stated earlier the pwr kicked at breaker box and 208 wire was burned at disconnect when I arrived, breakers and disconnect are good and so is contactor on unit, did every electrical ck I could think of and compressor windings were only thing out of wack and this is a 3 phase so should have been same on ea leg of compressor winding.
    Did you also check each leg to ground?