Thread: Lennox A/C

Lennox A/C

Based on estimates, but mostly and my feelings of the Contractor's knowledge and integrity, I've decided on the following Lennox system for my (rental) Townhouse...

Lennox
    SL280V (70,000 BTU)
    14 ACX, 2.5 Ton 16 Seer
    Coil - ADP
    Honeywell FOCUS Pro 6000
    5 inch Media filter
    10 year parts/20 year Heat Exchanger/5 year labor
    Option to extend the Labor to 10 years for $400

The Contractor just offered me 1 additional option... I can upgrade to the XC-14 with a Lennox Coil. The additional cost is in the low hundreds, so spending it won't kill me and not spending it doesn't change my life. I'm just wondering if the additional cost provides any benefit to me as a landlord such as more reliability or may be a few years longer life. Or is it all just a tenant benefit in that it's quieter and looks prettier.

Again, thanks for your time and knowledge

Tom

No, it wont change anything.

ADP is a great coil, but I have to wonder why on a new install they are not going with a Lennox coil ?
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 08-18-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Non AOP member

I'm sure its an AHRI rated system. Many times with a third party coil you can get a higher rated SEER, I would not necessarily believe the numbers but it is rated.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by kw10925 View Post
    The contrator should have gave you a price for a lennox coil.With a mached system you get the seer ratings of both
    and the efficencys that it is expected with a matched system.
    He gave me AHRI certs for each A/C and Coil combination... Cooling Capacity, EER Rating, and SEER rating are identical. Both
    qualify for a NJ Utility rebate. I'm just confused on whether I should go with the 14-ACX/ADP coil (L*23/37Y9) or the XC-14/Lennox Coil (CX34-38+TDR). I'm spending thousands and don't want to make a mistake over a few hundred dollars.

Thanks!

Do both coils have the same face area ( sq ft)and Rows/F.P.I.?
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Do both coils have the same face area ( sq ft)and Rows/F.P.I.?
    That I don't know... and I wouldn't even know how to find that info.

kw10925

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Parent of Lennox owns ADP as well. There are 2 coil factories, not sure which one makes which but I sure don't know what would justify a healthy extra for Lennox. Could be a premium if Lennox has a TXV and ADP doesn't for example. When you put an ADP on a Lennox, likely the SEER is a smidge higher as has been mentioned. These matches are computer simulated, not actually tested like with OEM coil.

Being a rental, why are you spending the bucks on the 80V furnace? I sure wouldn't! But wouldn't mind you as a landlord!

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Parent of Lennox owns ADP as well. There are 2 coil factories, not sure which one makes which but I sure don't know what would justify a healthy extra for Lennox. Could be a premium if Lennox has a TXV and ADP doesn't for example. When you put an ADP on a Lennox, likely the SEER is a smidge higher as has been mentioned. These matches are computer simulated, not actually tested like with OEM coil.

Being a rental, why are you spending the bucks on the 80V furnace? I sure wouldn't! But wouldn't mind you as a landlord!
    The additional cost is not just the coil, it also includes upgrading the 14-ACX to the XC-14... the ACX has the ADP coil and the XC has the Lennox coil.

As far as the '80V'... the way the contractor explained it to me, is that if I dropped down to the EL280 or the Merit series, then I'd lose the rebate... he's saying that the EL280 would actually cost me a few dollars more due to rebate loss, and the Merit would only saving me a few dollars. I am taking him on his word... if this guy is misleading me, then I'm reduced to picking a Contractor based on who is lying the least.... this is such an exhausting experience.

Thanks