Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

J200 and Aerco BMS panel

I have a site in which we have a Jace 200 with Lon card into two Mcquay aircooled chillers. I have completed the AX cert and this is my first job with Jaces. And I have not did modbus ever. Here is what I think I can do. Purchase a modbus driver for this JACE and then wire the Aerco to it. I am not using the onboard rs485 port on this jace at this time. So wire the Aerco to this port of the Jace and discover it. Be patient this will be my first time doing this.....
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    I have a site in which we have a Jace 200 with Lon card into two Mcquay aircooled chillers. I have completed the AX cert and this is my first job with Jaces. And I have not did modbus ever. Here is what I think I can do. Purchase a modbus driver for this JACE and then wire the Aerco to it. I am not using the onboard rs485 port on this jace at this time. So wire the Aerco to this port of the Jace and discover it. Be patient this will be my first time doing this.....
    When you say "discover" do you mean your register numbers? You can not discover points like you can in BACnet with modbus. You can use something like modscan or modbus scanner from chipkin if you don't have any documentation on it. I can't really help you on the JACE side of things (not yet anyways). Good luck
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

So noone has did this before now and can provide some tips,hints, suggestions etc...
    UA Local 141

I'm confused with what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to integrate to the chillers with lon? Do you have an Aerco BMS Panel with the XPC gateway?

The ci\hillers will be on a lon trunk and the Aerco panel will be modbus...Sorry for the confusion...
    UA Local 141

I would see if an xpc gateway is supplied with the aerco bms panel. That will translate modbus to lon. That should make the integration a little clean in my opinion. I've designed a job before where the xpc gateway was supplied. It was kind of a pain but that was a pretty big network. It shouldn't be too bad if you only have three devices.

We have done several modbus rtu integrations into the ARECO BMS and it also passes thru and you get the data out of each boiler!

I don't want to engineer it for free (time to figure it all out) for you but we would be happy to share a modbus points mapping.bog for you.

Modbus has to be mapped point by point. Communicating to a single register and confirming accurate data is the hardest part (establishing comm) then the rest goes fairly easy.
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Ok I got the aerco panel online to the jace. Now I am trying to add points to the jace and cant seem to get it correct. Please suggest direction on were to start to further knowledge of modbus points?? And my email is in my profile if you wish to email the bog, I wont complain...
    UA Local 141

Send me an email and I will send you the bog file.
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Ok I got the aerco panel online to the jace. Now I am trying to add points to the jace and cant seem to get it correct. Please suggest direction on were to start to further knowledge of modbus points?? And my email is in my profile if you wish to email the bog, I wont complain...
    This is elementary. Do you not have a distribution channel to ask these questions? This is DIY, as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulir View Post
    A boiler plant is not a mission critical system, likewise with chillers applied to HVAC and not process. I use Jaces for both plants with complete success.

I don't pretend to do NASA control. PLCS have their place. I simply use a Jace to benefit from integrating drives, burners, boilers, and chillers, and do the ancillary equipment sequencing with out the network traffic. (outside of the plant)

I do 1500-3000ton plants all the time.
    a nice thing about doing boiler systems that have Modbus with Loytec L-INX products, is that the L-INX has a built in Modbus protocol analyzer and also a Modbus device scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by wherzamizat View Post
    This is elementary. Do you not have a distribution channel to ask these questions? This is DIY, as I see it.
    Really dude? Berg has been around here for a long time, instead of a month like some others. We all have varying levels of experience and we have a great group of guys on this board that are more helpful than any group of controls guys that I have ever met. If you have nothing positive or helpful here to say-don't say it. Do all of us a favor and if your going to post snide remarks go back to ARP where the majority of your posts are.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Really dude? Berg has been around here for a long time, instead of a month like some others. We all have varying levels of experience and we have a great group of guys on this board that are more helpful than any group of controls guys that I have ever met. If you have nothing positive or helpful here to say-don't say it. Do all of us a favor and if your going to post snide remarks go back to ARP where the majority of your posts are.
    No offense to Berg but I half agree with wherzamizat, maybe he could have been a little more but graceful.
    First job with a jace and modbus? Why in the world is his boss sending him out there? If I was the customer I don't know if I'd be very happy about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast