Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK kidz

Hmm

I mapquested this gig.
    Looks like 8.5 hours, without stopping for food or to pee.
    Soooo, that's quite a haul. We are stopping in Scranton on Thurs night, wifey poo is from there, staying at her cousins.
    Then get up Friday morn and off to Beenietown, about 4 hours more. Should get in sometime in the afternoon.
    There had better be some cold beer waiting up there for me.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

well just like last year i wont wait for you to start drinkin

but we are probally leaving thursday night and stopping by refs place friday morn to pick him up and get to bennington

I think we will leave thursday evening head to Buffalo and spend the night. Head in to Beenieville friday, thinking we will be there by early afternoon. Mapquest shows a bit over 8hrs for us but I'm figuring closer to 10. we pee alot and need to stop for safty breifings.

Anyone Know when check in time is at the Paradise?
    Not here for a long time, just a good time

XXXXXX

Originally posted by Diceman
    I mapquested this gig.
    Soooo, that's quite a haul. We are stopping in Scranton on Thurs night, wifey poo is from there, staying at her cousins.
    Then get up Friday morn and off to Beenietown, about 4 hours more. Should get in sometime in the afternoon.

4 hour drive? You should be there by 11:00, right?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by dhvac
    well just like last year i wont wait for you to start drinkin

Yeah, thanks.........

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by spotts
    Originally posted by Diceman
    I mapquested this gig.

4 hour drive? You should be there by 11:00, right?
    More like 2 or 3.
    Is the pool still opened at the motel or do we have to go Beenies??

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I'll be running around on Friday getting ready. I got the day off and Monday too. . So when you get in town give me a call if you are lost or need a beer etc.

From memory I think your times are right form Pittsburgh to here. We drove right through. It was easy driving. We didn't go to Buffalo however. But Muskie is a newly wed. I remember going through Scratton. "500 lbs of Bananas." And then kitty-corner (NE) across NYS on I-88.

mapquest show the shortest route via Buffalo. maybe I need to rethink my route again.

XXXXXX

Hey Craig I believe dhvac is somewhere near you . He is also leaving Thursday but comming this way up 81 I do believe . He is stopping here to pick me up and we will be on our way Friday morning . Maybe you can go the same route . Not sure if it would be quicker but something to look into .

Originally posted by muskie770
    mapquest show the shortest route via Buffalo. maybe I need to rethink my route again.
    I thought you just wanted to make a baby by going to Buffalo. That's the next step after you get married you know.

Yeah Mapquest gives you the most direct route using the interstates. But when we went to Pittsburgh all the locals knew how to get from I-88 across PA to Pittsburgh. So we got out the road map and found the roads they suggested. That saved at least an hour.

Of course I don't really know how close you live to Dice. Since you are both Stealer fans I figured you only lived a block away.

I-88 terminates at EXIT 22A of I-90. May quest will probably say to get off at exit 23 of I-90 and take NY rt.7 east to Bennington. BAD MOVE.

It is better to stay on I-90 to Boston. You'll see Downtown Albany on your right. Be alert. Get off at the exit that reads "I-787 North Troy". You will be parallel to the Hudson River. Take exit 9E off of I-787 and that will put you on NY RT.7 east. Without a billion stop lights had you got off at I-90 exit 23.

Everyone coming from the east just has to remember to stay on NY Rt. 7 east until it ENDS. Because it ends at the VT border. This includes folks driving up from the Airport.

No babies for me. I think I best stay the hell away from Buffalo.

Ed is about 45 minutes south of me and Dave is probably about an hour and a half south of me. Guess I'll head out east on I80 and then go north.

Thanks for the heads up on stayin on I90.

XXXXXX

Originally posted by benncool

Yeah Mapquest gives you the most direct route using the interstates. But when we went to Pittsburgh all the locals knew how to get from I-88 across PA to Pittsburgh. So we got out the road map and found the roads they suggested. That saved at least an hour.

Yeah, I mapquested it back then and they said that other way, I told you to cross PA on 80 to 220 and 22 by Penn State.
    Now mapquest is suggesting that exact route.
    That's how we are going.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

No babies for me. I think I best stay the hell away from Buffalo.

Ed is about 45 minutes south of me and Dave is probably about an hour and a half south of me. Guess I'll head out east on I80 and then go north.

Thanks for the heads up on stayin on I90.
    If you come over on 80, ya might consider going north on 81 towards Wilkes Barre-Scranton to 84, up to 87 to 787 to NY and finally route 7 into Beenietown VT.
    Check it out.
    That's our route, I been up that way a lot and I think it is the fastest and it's all highway.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast