Hybrid View

Trane variable speed

Trane variable speed

Model: 2TEE3F31A1000AA

Serial: 7321T9H2V

1/2 h.p. motor.

Greetings,

About 3 weeks ago a strange sound was birthed from the a/c and continues every time the blower starts.
    The t-stat will kick on and the cycle initiates. The blower starts and about 5 seconds in there is a pretty audible noise that can best be described as a burst of air. Or maybe even a loud click. Its really hard to tell. Im leaning more towards the burst of air sound. It only happens about 5 seconds after the blower starts.
    Is this when the higher speed kicks in? Is it potentially life threatening for the blower or any other part?

I apologize if my terminology isnt up to snuff, I have not provided the correct info, or if this question is irrelevant.

Thank you for reading and replying.

If it happens every time it should be something that can be pinpointed by a servce tech with eyes on the machine ,would be hard to speculate over the web

Thank you for the quick reply.

Speculatively speaking, what are some issues that would cause that? Is there a relief valve on it?, etc.

thanks.

Does it do it if you just turn the fan on w/o the A/C? Agree with others though, a tech will probably need to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    Does it do it if you just turn the fan on w/o the A/C? Agree with others though, a tech will probably need to see it.
    I'm not sure. I'll check right now and post back.

At the end of the day any problem I have with it that I post here about will have to be checked by a tech since diy posts are not allowed. Im just looking for clues as to what might making the noise. Thanks again.

I've seen bad thermostats cause this, but not on a variable speed system.

Just checked and it does it with the air and with the heat but not with just the fan on. at the beginning of the cycle it blows gently then im guessing kicks into the second speed which is when the noise happens. the fan only stays in the first speed and i dont see a way to set to the second speed on the tstat.

Sound like you have a plenum popping from the pressure increase.

Interesting. What are some causes of pressure increase? Does something need to be cleaned or is something faulty?