Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    No they don`t require load calculations yet.The only moron that put`s single pane windows is a broke person.I should add the city it`s in Taylor Mi.I have not done any work in.So I can`t say how the inspectors are as far as codes.Plus it`s a home owner pulled permit so city thinks home owner did job himself.They may cut some slack for that reason not sure was not there when inspection took place.

Quote Originally Posted by mb20fan View Post
    Builder called me this morning asking what is the worse that can happen.I just told him where do you want me to start.
    He's trying to put the Burden of Proof on you.
    I'd first ask him
    What bad thing would have to happen?
    for him to finally follow good HVAC practice.

There's what can happen.
    There's how likely each thing can happen.
    There's Does the builder care if X happens?
    There's Does the owner care if X happens?
    There's Will this happen right away or later? If it's much later the builder probably doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by mb20fan View Post
    How do you get a builder to listen when you tell him that unit is way to big.
    Don't do the job.
    Who put a system in thats too big? You did.
    Why did you do it knowing it was wrong? Gee I was told to do it wrong.
    Is that going to save face? No.
    Bottom line is when it doesn't work and the homeowner talks to the neighbors and everyone else the question of who put a system thats too big in the house it's your company name that is said. Word spreads.

You don't do the job wrong period.

Quote Originally Posted by truck12 View Post
    Don't do the job.
    Who put a system in thats too big? You did.
    Why did you do it knowing it was wrong? Gee I was told to do it wrong.
    Is that going to save face? No.
    Bottom line is when it doesn't work and the homeowner talks to the neighbors and everyone else the question of who put a system thats too big in the house it's your company name that is said. Word spreads.

You don't do the job wrong period.
    Its true that it reflects your company, but if its not this, its that. we all cant run a perfect company people will complain about something...with that said. If i question every builder, engineer, homeowner that wants it done their way. the word on the street would be "hes a prick to work for, always wants it his way.. so your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

I cant tell you how many times i was told to do this and i would question it, and they would say just do it.....I never know all that's was going on, i m not at the meetings with the GC and sometimes i may not see him until my work is done. . It not my place to GC the project if the Contractor wants a 3.5 ton installed then that's what i install. Of course i will tell him my opinion but he he rejects it... who Am i to question him..

I Also been in a situation where i swore i was right, and eat my words.... and i had GC say " what am i paying you for, do wa i say and do the frigging job" But the difference now, i get everything in writing.

I am already kicking myself in the ass for taking the job.But it was a slow week with nothing lined up.Not that makes it right to do it wrong.But I do have to pay bill`s.I sure won`t do it again.I did not make enough to cover the headache.Just glad homeowner has no clue what my co. name is.Sent my personal pick up to do job kind under the table job so to speak.Since I did not pull permit.My installers made more than I did and they are happy I had a job for them.SO if I lost a little money but kept them happy it was worth it.They had work for Monday Tuesday by then I found job`s for them to finish out week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123