Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Republicans want more U.S. investment in China.

It seems China is restricting investment by U.S. companies

Top American lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are expressing serious concerns about a bid by the communist dictatorship ruling mainland China to purchase Canadian energy firm Nexen and its vast U.S. oil and natural gas holdings.

In a letter sent last month, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) actually asked Geithner to “withhold approval of this transaction until China's government has made tangible, enforceable commitments to ensure U.S. companies reciprocal treatment.” Apparently he wants the Chinese dictatorship to be more open to foreign investment, which currently faces severe restrictions imposed by the regime.
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/econom...till-concerned

All would be OK if U.S. companies could invest more in China rather than at home I guess.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Funny on your choice of title there...seems it's from both sides of US politics as well as your government all having issues with it. I read the article a, and even your quote is from a Democrat. So I ask, why the shot at Republicans Printer?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Sorry about that, the other article I was reading was about two Republicans raising red flags and it stuck in my mind when I wrote it up.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

HAHAHAHAAHA! I can see that.

Speaking of, the Chinese are offering 60% more for the shares in the company than what they are trading for right now. It would be in the shareholders interest for the deal to go through.

It's still a scary thought.....I don't like the idea of China owning any energy company in this hemisphere.

Spoke to a buddy recently that works for the DoD...said we are going over our attack plans and making revisions for a future war with China. Said we cant have them running amuck and buying up all the resources all over the world.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Well since we gave them the money to do so, we need to ask who ITF let that happen.

Our greedy unAmerican corporations are going to be sorry they ever did business with China. its going to bite them and US in the arse.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Well since we gave them the money to do so, we need to ask who ITF let that happen.

Our greedy unAmerican corporations are going to be sorry they ever did business with China. its going to bite them and US in the arse.

Roy
    No harm done, they will have all the low skilled jobs and we will all have the high value jobs. Nice sell job.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Spoke to a buddy recently that works for the DoD...said we are going over our attack plans and making revisions for a future war with China. Said we cant have them running amuck and buying up all the resources all over the world.
    In 2001 I was working with some guys who had some interesting discussions (sort of like this place but a little more wider ranging) and China was on the agenda for the day. I think it was about cheap Chinese imports which thy were not against but I said eventually the ordinary Chinese worker will be making enough money to want the same lifestyle as ours. One guy said we can't have that since we will be competing for the same resources and drive up the cost. I said if they have the money how can we stop them?

Besides, with the quantitative easing of the American dollar they want to use them up while they are still worth something.

Mr.Harper is an angel now.
    He would never ever sell off any of Canada's natural resources to the highest or for that matter to a Chinese SOE bidder.
    Dig,Dig,Dig,CNOOC.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    He would never ever sell off any of Canada's natural resources to the highest or for that matter to a Chinese SOE bidder.
    Dig,Dig,Dig,CNOOC.
    It must sure be keeping him up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Dig,Dig,Dig,CNOOC.
    Mr Harper is more than happy to sell the whole country to the Chinese. He is an Ayn Rand acolyte.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast