Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SMAN or Testo?

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Russel
    I have a counter warranty so I can use that first. Wasn't there a recall on the high side valve? If yea how can I be sure that the new one I get is gonna be ok.
    We made new valves and offered to them to anyone who had old valves. It actually takes a lot of force to damage the old valves but some guys will. Most guys won't ever see a problem with the old valves. Serial numbers above 12000000 have the new valves.

Well just ordered my ak 900 digicools, it's 0 degrees so I'm not in a big rush for them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Well just ordered my ak 900 digicools, it's 0 degrees so I'm not in a big rush for them lol
    Did you get clamps?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Did you get clamps?
    No so far just the manifold set, judging by that response it's going to be the next item?

You will have all winter to break them in. Good luck with them.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Ya Il get to get a feel for them anyways, my first obstacle is an excuse for my wife when they show up at the door lol.

The problem with my firldpiece was resolved with 0 problems and little effort. I walked into supply house and described the problem. I gave them the tool and drive away 30 seconds down the street my phone rings. Counter guy says pick up your tool. I asked what happened he said called firldpiece and they said give him a new one. Wow customer service is 5 star. Great job fieldpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    The problem with my firldpiece was resolved with 0 problems and little effort. I walked into supply house and described the problem. I gave them the tool and drive away 30 seconds down the street my phone rings. Counter guy says pick up your tool. I asked what happened he said called firldpiece and they said give him a new one. Wow customer service is 5 star. Great job fieldpiece.
    Over the counter exchange....I really appreciate that about FP and Testo.

That is something you can't do with DCs...get an on the spot exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post

Yea I would worry about exchanges if I had testo or fieldpiece too. My Digicool 1250 are over 3 yrs old. My ak900's are almost a year and no failures to speak of.. So it's really not a concern for me.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Never had the need to do anything to my DCs.

Well, that's not entirely true.

When testing a Beta for the AK-900, I did have to send it back to have a programming bug sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Never had the need to do anything to my DCs.

Well, that's not entirely true.

When testing a Beta for the AK-900, I did have to send it back to have a programming bug sorted out.
    JP, I think it should be pointed out that many people have many diff brands of hvac instruments. Whether they had difficulties with them are immaterial. The point is they have a local source to exchange them if they ever do encounter a malfunctioning instrument. Not taking anything away from DC, but it's a plain fact thy do not have that same convenience as other manufacturers who do have a local source where their products can be exchanged.

JP, I think it should be pointed out that many people have many diff brands of hvac instruments. Whether they had difficulties with them are immaterial. The point is they have a local source to exchange them if they ever do encounter a malfunctioning instrument. Not taking anything away from DC, but it's a plain fact thy do not have that same convenience as other manufacturers who do have a local source where their products can be exchanged.
    As I think that it should be pointed out that purchasing a quality instrument should take precedent over other considerations.

Perhaps, if more techs bought a quality instrument rather than purchasing the cheapest then this discussion wouldn't be taking place.

As it is, we have a "Wal-Mart" mentality and tend to shop exclusively on price rather than looking at all considerations before making a purchase.

Again, this is my opinion. I'm sure folks that have returned their TestoMANs several times are just as happy with them after they get them back as I am with my DCs.

i have a set of fp sman3 and will never go back regular guages although the next set of digitals will probably be digicools. for the most part the fp are great but the durability of mine is a issue
    We really need change now

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast