Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: SMAN or Testo?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Did you get the latest temp sensor wiring?
    The one I saw looked like I was looking at a set of red and blue 10gauge THHT wires Do yourself a favor and rip the velcro off and just use a reusable zip tie to mount them

Millie-ties are GREAT!

Get 'em at radio shack

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Just wondering what don't you like about the 557? We sell a lot of them and have very few if any complaints.
    They are inaccurate, and have lots of issues.

I have sent my 557s back twice in less than a year to be reset (?) adjusted (?) calibrated (?), (I am not sure because testo never tells me what they did). All I know is I am sure there will be a third time.

When on R 22,it seems to think the pressures are 450 on the high side, 180 on low.

Yes I have it set to r 22, yes I blow it each and every time I change refrigerant, which was only once.

Its been the worst tool I ever bought, and I am not impressed with testo's customer service. I don't think I am ever going to buy testo anything ever again.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    That little widget is a tire pressure gauge.
    I tried it today, hope the gauges are easier to use because I couldn't get it to read pressure. I tried while pressing the tire button and not pressing the button, not sure what happen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    They are inaccurate, and have lots of issues.

I have sent my 557s back twice in less than a year to be reset (?) adjusted (?) calibrated (?), (I am not sure because testo never tells me what they did). All I know is I am sure there will be a third time.

When on R 22,it seems to think the pressures are 450 on the high side, 180 on low.

Yes I have it set to r 22, yes I blow it each and every time I change refrigerant, which was only once.

Its been the worst tool I ever bought, and I am not impressed with testo's customer service. I don't think I am ever going to buy testo anything ever again.
    While I am a DC fan (never tried a Testo digital gauge set)... I do own some other Testo products: 327 combustion analyzer, 410, 510, 610, and a few others... they are all designed with thought and all work well.

I would not rule out Testo just because their digital manifold does not work right...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    While I am a DC fan (never tried a Testo digital gauge set)... I do own some other Testo products: 327 combustion analyzer, 410, 510, 610, and a few others... they are all designed with thought and all work well.

I would not rule out Testo just because their digital manifold does not work right...
    I have a 557 And sent it in. My bad. I did not fully rely on the manual. But the kind folks thru Mr. John Bickers gave me a free calibration check and firware up date.

No body can convince Testo ans FP gauges are not worth the investment. And if you have trouble with customer service...just a suggestion..."Youu catch more flies with honey than vinegar".

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112