trane 2 stage condenser wiring

I'm trying to help out a contractor friend of mine. he is working on a Trane TTS748A100AO 2 stage ac and the wiring diagram is missing. The last contractor quit on the job and left it not hooked up. the wires are red/black, blue, black, red, and green. I have put in quite a few Trane units but I haven't seen this. I called my Trane dealer and the are bus today and not normally helpful. I was hoping someone here could lend some knowledge so I can help out a friend.

thanks,

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_O View Post
    I'm trying to help out a contractor friend of mine. he is working on a Trane TTS748A100AO 2 stage ac and the wiring diagram is missing.
    Check your email.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

thanks for the email. My Trane dealer called back and said it is a various peed obsolete unit. it can't be combined with any furnace today. they don't make any parts or accessories for it. He said it hooks not a panel that we can't get also.
    Thanks for the help.

Keith

The XV1500 was a nice unit, but ahead of its time, as the self diagnostics needed to troubleshoot one by anyone without specialized training didn't exist yet.

It is actually possible to make one work with a new VS air handler, but you would need to build and tune a custom control board to generate a PWM control signal to run the outdoor unit.

The thing is between 19 and 22 years old now, time to retire it.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

That system was a unique setup. The separate "system controller" would adjust both the indoor and outdoor fan speeds based on what speed the compressor was operating at.

I have to agree with Mark, at 20 + years old, its no doubt time for a new system.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

I think my favorite "unique" feature of those units was the cooling for the compressor drive.
    No phase change involved, but the liquid refrigerant was routed through a heat exchanger connected to the back of the compressor drive to liquid cool the drive.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.