Advice for Moving to a Larger City

Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice from people who have a little more understanding in the world of the trade.

I graduated from W. Kentucky University in a BA program, and after losing my job with the Park Service, went back to the KCTCS school in Owensboro and will be graduating December 2014 with an AAS in Air Conditioning Technology. My BA program knocked out all of my gen-eds, so all I am taking is HVAC coursework.

In Kentucky, in order to qualify for a Journeyman's license, you must complete 1500 hours (with an AAS Degree) under a Master to be awarded the license after you pass the test. I currently landed a part-time helper job with a highly-skilled Master who's just starting his own gig, roughly 8-30 hours a week depending on the change-out schedule, etc. My fiance recently got a job in Florence, Kentucky (south of Cincinnati) and will be moving there this summer. The KCTCS school in Covington, KY does not offer the same classes I need to graduate this December in Owensboro.

Would it be wise to stay and complete the AAS program in Owensboro and move up to N. Kentucky after I get my Journeyman's OR go ahead and move this summer, wait another semester and finish the program Spring 2015? I'm wary of trying to make it in the bigger city without some more hours under the Master here. At the same time I don't know how employable I would be not having any connections in the city. My thinking is I'd at least have a little more kick-in-the-door with a Journeyman's.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Advice for Moving to a Larger City
    my advice - get a good GPS and dont get lost. schooling - i'd stay, complete the classes to get my license, then move
    Political Correctness, the language of wussies.

Hey HVAC_Marc, thanks for your reply.

I think it would be much safer to Stay where your at until you finish school and get more experience. There are a lot of companies that just want experience.