+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YORK YK CHILLER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

YORK YK CHILLER

Hi all,
    i m currently facing a problem on this YKDFDFP65CKF YORK CENTRIFUGAL CHILLER,
    when the chiller hit the setpoint 6.5c it cannot unload smoothly. it giving fluctuate reading on the display ( %FULL LOAD AMPS ) and continuous surging sound . The reading for chilled liquid temp- leaving at 6.5c, return at 11.6c, condenser liquid temp- leaving at 34.9c,return at 29.6c.Is there anyone here can give me some advice what going on and what must do. thank :anyone

Post Likes
    What are the design conditions? Your conditions indicate it's a 10*F machine. Incidentally, since this is a USA based forum many will pass up questions that require they convert temperatures to fahrenheit. It would help if you converted them before you ask your question.

If you go to the sales order screen it should tell you what the design conditions are. Generally speaking, when a machine starts surging the actual head has exceeded the design head. The other piece of information that may help is the small difference (approach) in the condenser and the evaporator. On the York Optiview they are reported as "small difference" on the evaporator and condenser screens.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    Incidentally, since this is a USA based forum many will pass up questions that require they convert temperatures to fahrenheit.
    Yeah, KnewYork's right, I'm one of those lazy ones...

Post Likes
    My apologies. I'm situated in Singapore and all chillers' readings are in degrees celsius. Rather than explaining the issues in words, may i send you a video clip so that you can advice me appropriately? Chilled water leaving at 44F return at 53F, Condenser water leaving at 95F return at 85F!

Post Likes
    Send it to my email address, I'll post it on the thread. My email address is in my profile.

Post Likes
    I know what it's doing. It's surging. I've seen it countless times. I'm trying to figure out why. Take a picture of the sales order screen, the evaporator and condenser screens and post them here. That may be enough. By the way, I had done the conversions...I knew what was happening from that standpoint. Now I'm trying to find out what the chiller was designed to do and see if you may have a problem in the either of the shells. Where in the condenser sight glass is the liquid level being maintained?

Also if you could go into the setpoints>setup screen and change the units from Celcius to Fahrenheit before you take the picture I, for one, would greatly appreciate it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    Also if you could go into the setpoints>setup screen and change the units from Celcius to Fahrenheit before you take the picture I, for one, would greatly appreciate it.
    Actually, after logging in, go to setpoints>setup>user. Change the data display mode to English and the language to English (if it isn't already). That would help those of us who only speak English to help you.

Post Likes
    I got the photos and hopefully once uploaded here, all can see them. I'm a bit confused because there are photos from different chiller control panels. Are we trying to diagnose different problems or the one problem you are having (surging)? One thing you did that is to say chiller one is in operation when it's clearly not, because it's off on high heat sink temperature. Also you didn't provide a snapshot of the sales order screen so we could see the design specs of the chiller. Of all the other photos, nothing is jumping out at me right away. But it's 5:30 AM here, so nothing surprises me.

Chiller Analysis.pdf

Post Likes
    Hi knewyork advice taken! Thank! I will post you ASAP!

Post Likes
    There are a lot of things that could be going on post all the operating data so we can all look at it please and thank you.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Is there any way to get a photo of the sales order page? (In English units) YKs typically experience some surging when they are close to design temperatures and pressures. I want to make sure that this isn't a machine that was designed to deliver 45︒F chilled water. Doesn't this machine have a variable orifice? If so, it appears to be disabled since there is no level shown on the condenser screen.

Post Likes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6BWp9TemoA

Hi all it a short video clips just check it out!!!

Post Likes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6n20f5ZmTw

Hi all annoy the first video clip

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfang
    I should be variable but don why the service contractor restrict that! Can you advice how can i re activate the orifice if it variable ?
    I thought you were a contractor or HVAC service technician. If the variable orifice is disabled that could cause problems for you...and if the subcooler isn't flooded for extended periods of time the problems could be catastrophic.

Sorry, but I won't get into the detail necessary to "fix" the level control on an open forum.

Post Likes
    Like I said a number of posts ago...I've heard many machines surge and filming the home screen doesn't do any of us any good in trying to determine what might be to blame for the surge. In addition, you didn't change the display units to English so we can see things in °F instead of °C. Incidentally, the surge is no where close to the worst I've heard. Actually, it's quite mild. Still can't help to find a solution until you provide operating DATA.

Post Likes
    this is an interesting way to diagnose chiller problems...i hope that it doesn't catch on...i watch too much computer as it is.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    this is an interesting way to diagnose chiller problems...i hope that it doesn't catch on...i watch too much computer as it is.
    Pretty pictures nice sounds dosen't help much I guess we will be asking Siri whats wrong with my Chiller next !
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    ...I guess we will be asking Siri whats wrong with my Chiller next !
    nice!
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Hi knewyork,
    I had the picture of the chiller at English but I cannot attach the picture at this talk! Any other way for me to send this picture data to you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in