Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You need to cool off and spend more time reading posts than writing them.

I feel like my brain is being assualted.
    I'm doing just fine, Brian. You have no right telling me what to do just because you can't take the heat. You need to pay attention to what you need to do and not think you have the right to dictate what you believe others need to do. I'm enjoying the banter because you allow me to bring up so many things that you are so wrong about.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I've run several businesses over my more than 40 years in this industry. I know you well enough by your posts to know that you don't know how to run a business. Hell, I am not that good at business myself and I can tell you don't know how to run a business. If you are not making profit and growing your business, you don't own a business, you own a job.
    I didn't ask how many businesses you ran, I asked how many businesses you owned.

In construction (and HVAC) your business doesn't have to grow or shrink. You can pick your clientele and sustain a comfortable living.

I didn't ask how many businesses you ran, I asked how many businesses you owned.

In construction (and HVAC) your business doesn't have to grow or shrink. You can pick your clientele and sustain a comfortable living.
    Not that any of this is any of your business or germain to this conversation, but I've owned or part owned every business I've run.

Why the name calling? Just what are you referring to as not being moral? Are all of your morals the same as everyone elses? Are only your morals correct? According to Websters dictionary;

Definition of MORAL

a: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical <moral judgments> b: expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior <a moral poem> c: conforming to a standard of right behavior d: sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment <a moral obligation> e: capable of right and wrong action <a moral agent>

: probable though not proved : virtual <a moral certainty>

: perceptual or psychological rather than tangible or practical in nature or effect <a moral victory> <moral support>

Where in those definitions does Walmart not conduct business morally?

Is it moral to pay wages that allows for a greater number of people to work than to lay off a certain amount of workers in order to give the remaining workers more money so that labor union bosses can syphon off some of that money?

Is it moral to not reward those who do the most amount of work in order to increase the profits of a company so that more workers can be employed?

In business, what is moral is determined mostly by what is legal. Because we all have our own concepts of morallity, we need laws to define what morals must be abided by for conducting business. So, other than for an individual's own moral standards, morality of business is set by law.
    This is where the problem resides. Most people do NOT think it is moral to sell goods produced at slave wages. Most people can see that the huge conglomerates write the laws with a rubber stamp from our elected officials. While the mega rich pick your pockets you fight for their right to do so because it is legal. The good of the country is at the bottom of their to-do list so while you look to the mega- corps to provide us with a moral compass on how business SHOULD run the fabric of our nation is torn apart by GREED.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    This is where the problem resides. Most people do NOT think it is moral to sell goods produced at slave wages. Most people can see that the huge conglomerates write the laws with a rubber stamp from our elected officials. While the mega rich pick your pockets you fight for their right to do so because it is legal. The good of the country is at the bottom of their to-do list so while you look to the mega- corps to provide us with a moral compass on how business SHOULD run the fabric of our nation is torn apart by GREED.
    What goods does Walmart sell that we can't buy somewhere else for a higher cost? Is it moral for other companies to sell the same products as long as they charge more money for them?

I'm enjoying the banter because you allow me to bring up so many things that you are so wrong about.
    I'm glad I can make you feel good about yourself.

Something tells me that doesn't happen very often.

I’m the nasty one? Take look at your posts. I said it was a nice gesture……….but with a purpose.

If you haven’t noticed lately, our government is broke. They have NO money, just debt.

thats is true. BUT the government has something you don't have access to.......a printing press
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

I think all of you need to go get you a big cup of coffee and go sit in the lobby of walmart this saturday night and just watch the freak show. I think that would help you get a deeper appreciation of just how great walmart is.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I think all of you need to go get you a big cup of coffee and go sit in the lobby of walmart this saturday night and just watch the freak show. I think that would help you get a deeper appreciation of just how great walmart is.
    It is just a reflection of society. Well a cloudy reflection.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    thats is true. BUT the government has something you don't have access to.......a printing press
    Whipster has already stated but it needs to be repeated that the ultimate outcome of debt money is that its intrinsic value will at one time or another will go to zero. It is inevatable.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post

Yeah, communism works so much better, hey salty. Looks like Obama your man alright.

I'm glad I can make you feel good about yourself.

Something tells me that doesn't happen very often.
    And you would once again be wrong. Even for an anhedonist, I still feel good about myself because I strive to do what I believe is right and do my best to correct myself when I am wrong. Most people who know me consider me a fairly confident and social person. I'm a Libra, and my favorite color is deep purple (Also one of my favorite bands). Anything else I can tell you about myself so you will stop wrongly analyzing me?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Ironically, I just read this morning that the Obama election campaign keeps spending more than it has. This should really be a warning for those who like Obama. For whatever reason one may think Obama is a good president, the fact that Obama runs everything he does in the red should concern anyone who has had to maintain a household budget.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast