Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 417

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,270

    Walmart vs the Morons

    This came across my Email box... IMO worth thinking about:

    READ THIS TO THE END. IT IS VERY INTERESTING !!!

    Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

    1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.

    2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

    3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March
    17th) than Target sells all year.

    4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears +
    Costco + K-Mart combined.

    5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private
    employer, and most speak English.

    6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

    7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and
    keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

    8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought
    bankruptcy.

    9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

    10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are
    Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

    11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur
    at Wal-Mart Stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

    12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

    You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground
    work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart
    to fix the economy.

    This should be read and understood by all Americans... Democrats,
    Republicans, EVERYONE!!

    To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature

    It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

    A. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234
    years to get it right and it is broke.

    B. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to
    get it right and it is broke.

    C. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it
    right and it is broke.

    D. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it
    right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and
    transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

    E. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44
    years to get it right and they are broke.

    F. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get
    it right and it is broke.

    G. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our
    dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a
    budget of $24 billion
    A year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to
    get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

    You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our
    throats while overspending our tax dollars.

    AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A
    GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

    Folks, keep this circulating. It is very well stated.Maybe it will end
    up in the E-mails of some of our "duly elected' (they never read
    anything) and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.

    AND I know what's wrong. We have lost our minds to "Political
    Correctness" !!!!!!!!!!!!

    Someone please tell me what's wrong with all the people that run this
    country!!!!!!
    We're "broke" & can't help our own seniors, veterans, orphans,
    homeless etc.,?????
    In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile , and Turkey..
    And now Pakistan ........previous home of bin Laden. Literally,
    BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

    Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do
    they get any breaks...

    AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children
    going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally
    ill without treatment.

    Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to
    other countries. Sad isn't it?

    Interesting how inefficient the US govwrnmwnt has become.

    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    N. Idaho
    Posts
    586
    Truth. Don't know why people hate on Walmart so much.
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Truth. Don't know why people hate on Walmart so much.
    Maybe you would understand if they started selling HVAC systems and referred the customers to competent, bottom dollar installers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Maybe you would understand if they started selling HVAC systems and referred the customers to competent, bottom dollar installers.
    And still....it would be better than what government is doing.

    If you want to pay more the very same product out of a box, you have every right to do so. Likewise, all of the moron Americans in the U.S. have the right to be stupid enough to purchase products from Walmart for less money because Walmart is so much better at conducting business than other companies are. We moron Americans who so stupidly pay less for products applaud your dedication to your cause, even though we are too stupid to understand what exactly that cause is.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And still....it would be better than what government is doing.

    If you want to pay more the very same product out of a box, you have every right to do so. Likewise, all of the moron Americans in the U.S. have the right to be stupid enough to purchase products from Walmart for less money because Walmart is so much better at conducting business than other companies are. We moron Americans who so stupidly pay less for products applaud your dedication to your cause, even though we are too stupid to understand what exactly that cause is.
    Read and respond to more than just my post and just maybe you will understand what the cause is.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Read and respond to more than just my post and just maybe you will understand what the cause is.
    I understand full well what the whiney complaints are. The fact is that as long as we are still relatively free to make decisions for ourselves, right, wrong or indifferent to what others believe in, not one of the complaints against Walmart has any validity to it.


    • No one is forciing anyone to shop at Walmart.
    • No one is forcing anyone to work at Walmart.
    • Those who work at Walmart are.......working.
    • Walmart is an American success that is under attack by those who oppose American values and ideals.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    166
    You guys think that walmart is big right now, just wait until they launch their next project. Just west of Fayetteville, AR (close to walmart's base) there is a little town called Lincoln. Walmart is testing their "dollar general" size stores. It will be just like a large walmart but scaled down. Meat dept, grocery, etc and in every small town across the country.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Truth. Don't know why people hate on Walmart so much.
    Imagine you are a manufacturer of a produce that is 100% made in the USA, and Walmart decides they want to stock your product.

    You don't get the option of ramping up your US production to meet their demand, even if you are in a position to do so in a timely manner.
    You get set up with their Chinese manufacturers, and the product gets cheapened to meet a price point.
    If you don't want to move to Chinese manufacturing, or cheapen your product, Walmart doesn't do business with you.

    Back when Walmart first started getting big, they worked with US manufacturers to keep/grow jobs in the USA, even revived the US textile industry for a time.

    Then Sam died, and it all changed.

    Screw Walmart, I haven't set foot in one in 7 years, and never will.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Imagine you are a manufacturer of a produce that is 100% made in the USA, and Walmart decides they want to stock your product.

    You don't get the option of ramping up your US production to meet their demand, even if you are in a position to do so in a timely manner.
    You get set up with their Chinese manufacturers, and the product gets cheapened to meet a price point.
    If you don't want to move to Chinese manufacturing, or cheapen your product, Walmart doesn't do business with you.

    Back when Walmart first started getting big, they worked with US manufacturers to keep/grow jobs in the USA, even revived the US textile industry for a time.

    Then Sam died, and it all changed.

    Screw Walmart, I haven't set foot in one in 7 years, and never will.
    The wife and I get in the car and she asks where we are going....I tell her China...China? She asks every time. Yeah China I say again...and by this time we are pulling into the Wal-Mart parking lot. That's how close Wal Mart is to my driveway...it's sad because I've seen the destruction that big store has on a small town. Small businesses just can't compete, and unfortunately there is nowhere else left to shop since Wal Mart came to town.

    My hometown is now full of empty buildings that no one will buy due to fear of going out of business, these buildings are now used for criminal activities, and two of these buildings are old Wal Mart stores from them packing up and moving.

    I like the idea of Wal Mart....but these stores are driving out American businesses with foreign goods.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    The wife and I get in the car and she asks where we are going....I tell her China...China? She asks every time. Yeah China I say again...and by this time we are pulling into the Wal-Mart parking lot. That's how close Wal Mart is to my driveway...it's sad because I've seen the destruction that big store has on a small town. Small businesses just can't compete, and unfortunately there is nowhere else left to shop since Wal Mart came to town.

    My hometown is now full of empty buildings that no one will buy due to fear of going out of business, these buildings are now used for criminal activities, and two of these buildings are old Wal Mart stores from them packing up and moving.

    I like the idea of Wal Mart....but these stores are driving out American businesses with foreign goods.
    But this is the future of our government. Privatize and outsource to save a dollar and to hell with the citizenry - the common working guy is screwed if we look at government as a business - it is not and was never intended to be. The Constitution is not a "business plan" or incorporation papers. Much to the dismay of Norquist and friends.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    I can agree with this to an extent....all except the foreign aid part...we spend trillions of dollars on Americans, and billions elsewhere...and every time we spend more on Americans someone wants to complain about it.

    Just for the record...the main reason the postal service is going broke is because their main source of income is through postage stamps...and with free electronic mail who needs to buy postage? I would rather ship USPS any day.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Just for the record...the main reason the postal service is going broke is because their main source of income is through postage stamps...and with free electronic mail who needs to buy postage?
    Hasn't the postal system been going broke way before the internet? It is just the nail in the coffin.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    N. Idaho
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Maybe you would understand if they started selling HVAC systems and referred the customers to competent, bottom dollar installers.
    No, I would understand that. Which is why I cringe when I have to go to bLowes.

    For the time being Walmart does not threaten any Tradesman. Well kinda, I have heard at my shop, before my time, we did some work for one in our town and we got stiffed!
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event