Post Likes

Back Engineering IBEX Points

Hi All,

I have just been asked to engineer an upgrade for an old Alerton system. So far I have found they have an 'Envision for IBEX' head-end, an APEX LT and a number of TUX field controllers downstream of this.

My first hurdle which I have stumbled on is trying to create a basic points list for each controller on the site (or at least all the points used by the supervisor) as there is zero documentation on site, no panel wiring diagrams and no cable numbers!

I assume each IBEX point used on the head-end is created within the APEX and from there, linked to an TUX and channel reference.

My question is - could someone tell me how I would go about back engineering these IBEX points to determine their controller & channel? Or is there anyway of exporting a table from the Envision to show this information?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Post Likes
    If your Envision computer has a printer, you can print the Apex DDC and usually it will tell you which ibex points are for which tux. The DDC cross reference in the Apex DDC editor will help too.

If your field controllers are all SA tuxes, this is pretty easy stuff. If they are APLC's, 784's, 450's or 653's, you're gonna spend some time on it. I usually open the graphic editor to see what points they have mapped into the graphics first, then go into the DDC and reverse engineer it from there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noskilltech View Post
    If your Envision computer has a printer, you can print the Apex DDC and usually it will tell you which ibex points are for which tux. The DDC cross reference in the Apex DDC editor will help too.

If your field controllers are all SA tuxes, this is pretty easy stuff. If they are APLC's, 784's, 450's or 653's, you're gonna spend some time on it. I usually open the graphic editor to see what points they have mapped into the graphics first, then go into the DDC and reverse engineer it from there.
    Hi noskilltech,

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm on site now and have printed the DDC and some info from the cross reference editor so i understand what you mean now, its a bit convoluted but I think I can sort it out with a few days in a dark room!

My only problem now is that I could really do with engineering this off site but I cant find a way to print/export any data which will list the text label associated with each IBEX point. I have apent some considerable time now searching through user manuals etc but can't see anything like this mentioned. Would you know any way to do this? Or is the only way do this with the graphic editor in front of you?

Post Likes
    The graphic editor is the only way I know of.
    Friends don't let friends Lon.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noskilltech View Post
    The graphic editor is the only way I know of.
    OK no worries, thanks very much for your advice.