Thread: Distech EC-GFX

Distech EC-GFX

Am I missing something or is there not a way to just open GFX to build program offline without having to connect to a server????? It sucks having to connect to an existing device and just hope and pray that I do not accidentally send the program to that device...

Im like a mushroom, they keep me in the dark and feed me crap.

There should be no need to connect to a device with the GFX software. I have not used the BACnet controllers yet so I can't verify how they work but if it is a LON controller you can open GFX in LonMaker or Workbench with no problem.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

I typically program with Distech GFX Lon or BACnet controllers on a station running on my laptop. If I want to test and debug live before heading off the job site then I connect a controller to my laptop with either my Lon Usb FT-10 adapter, RS-485 MSTP serial adapter or IP to MSTP router and then configure the proper ports on the running test station.

Regards Debug69

If your using Ax run a station on your laptop and add a device from the Jar and then launch GFX to it.

I usually start a station in ax to do my programming, I just thought it would be easier if I could just start the gfx program, select which controller I want and program offline without having to open AX... maybe they will have that available in an upcoming release of gfx.

GFX Tool

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    I usually start a station in ax to do my programming, I just thought it would be easier if I could just start the gfx program, select which controller I want and program offline without having to open AX... maybe they will have that available in an upcoming release of gfx.
    All you need is the EC-gfx Programming Tool. Launch that and you don't have to use the AX.

G

Is the ec-gfx tool different from the ec-gfx program? If I just open the ec-gfx program it asks me to connect to a server but if I do not connect to a server then it does not let me program offline.

gfx Tool

Is the ec-gfx tool different from the ec-gfx program? If I just open the ec-gfx program it asks me to connect to a server but if I do not connect to a server then it does not let me program offline.
    opps told you wrong, I've always have a station running in th backround. I just checked it out and to have to have AX, Lonmaker, Lonwatcher or other tool running to.

Greg

Hey guys. I just started playing around with gfx tool. Is there a way to debug the logic offline without actually being connected to a controller?

Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymed8 View Post
    Hey guys. I just started playing around with gfx tool. Is there a way to debug the logic offline without actually being connected to a controller?

Thanks
    Mike
    No, you would not have any data coming from your inputs to really tell if what you have written actually works.

No, you would not have any data coming from your inputs to really tell if what you have written actually works.
    I typically work with Honeywell Spyders, which allow you to debug the control logic offline. Rather than using the live data from the hardware inputs, you set the input values yourself for testing purposes. I wasn't sure if Distech offered something similar.

Am I missing something or is there not a way to just open GFX to build program offline without having to connect to a server????? It sucks having to connect to an existing device and just hope and pray that I do not accidentally send the program to that device...
    Not sure if you can import a gfx program that was created in LNS but it might be worth a try. If you have an LNS tool (lonmaker, etc...) then just create a new DB, open and select work offline, add a device, right click/configure, do your program and then export your program to file (thumb drive, etc...) and then import the file to the real device when your onsite.

Quote Originally Posted by 381engineer View Post
    Not sure if you can import a gfx program that was created in LNS but it might be worth a try. If you have an LNS tool (lonmaker, etc...) then just create a new DB, open and select work offline, add a device, right click/configure, do your program and then export your program to file (thumb drive, etc...) and then import the file to the real device when your onsite.
    I can do that by running a station in Ax. My whole point was that I wanted to do it by only opening the gfx tool and nothing else.