+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Connecticut S2 License prep!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes

Connecticut S2 License prep!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wondering if there's anybody out there that is familiar with the Connecticut S2 unlimited journey person test put on by psi exams? I recently took it and failed though I gained good knowledge of what to expect the next time I take it, but Id like to know from someone who's passed it what are the best books to have to pass the test and what areas to focus on. Of course, psi gives an outline of the test but I found that even though I have the Mechanical and Fuel gas code books that they allow that there were many questions on the test that I could not find in the code books. I'm certainly not looking to cheat in any way, I just want to feel like I prepared well based on knowing what material is important and what is not as it pertains to this particular test. I would love to take the prep course from IMTI in Waterbury but not for $500. I guess that will be a last resort if I cannot find the information I'm looking for to better prepare. Any insight by CT S2 holders would be greatly appreciated. I accidentally posted this in the controls section originally.

Post Likes
    Go to http://www.contractorexam.com/CT_M_S2.htm they tell you what's in the test what books you need and can bring in and what books not allowed in.
    It's a difficult test to pass. You will probably not get the same test you got the first time.
    I would recommend getting all the books you can bring in. You have to study study study.
    Are you in the union?

Post Likes
    Hey thanks for the response to my question. I am not in the union, do you mean local 777? I had tried in the past but was unable to latch on with a contractor? I was hoping that having an S2 would help me get in, not sure if that's true though, from what I've heard it really difficult unless you know someone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin2408 View Post
    Hey thanks for the response to my question. I am not in the union, do you mean local 777? I had tried in the past but was unable to latch on with a contractor? I was hoping that having an S2 would help me get in, not sure if that's true though, from what I've heard it really difficult unless you know someone.
    Right now there is a lot of people out of work in the union. You can go to the 777 union hall and set up something with them. Try talking to someone. Let them know the situation your in. They my possibly be able to help you with your testing at the apprentice school if you join the union. If you were in the union you get all your qualifications you need basically free. Except CT license fees and things like that. Some are OSHA 10 or 30, CPR, First Aid, Confined space, Medical gas, pipe welding,rigging just to name a few. There is always some kind of training going on there. If your a member it's all free training. I'm taking HVAC technician classes. All though I have my S2 I'm only an installer. So I want to learn the trobbleshooting side of it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in