anybody worked on a cornelious mice maker?

got a cornelious machine. m#iac530

water is splashing out the front bottom corner of the curtain like crazy. I believe someone put the incorrect water pump on here as it says becket submersible pump. i can't imagine that's a factory part, and i think it's causing pressure and flow to be way to high. i found some info on line talking about a new style ice curtain and distrubution tube? are these guys still around, can you still get factory parts? any experiance with them? i have never seen one

There is a machine for making mice?

If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

LMAO...a mice maker.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

http://www.cornelius.com/ Go to product tab. And what color is your Mice maker

you can call cornelius too, they have been good with emailing me service manuals when I can't find it online for alot of our beverage bar dispensors, 1-800-238-3600

Get Soctates to listen and the rest will follow. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2sSVt32bo

mice maker- great haha

seriously though this has a pond pump wired in for a water pump i believe. any experience with "new" or "old" style water tube and curtain? and parts availability for this old model
    color is stainless- 500 series

Since they must be cheap azzez
    and if to much flow is the only problem just restrict the inlet with some cheese or clamp the outlet with a mouse trap till you get the flow the way you want it and run forest run

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    There is a machine for making mice?

I have never been so disappointed. I was hoping to see a pic of a mouse swimming in the water trough.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

I've never seen a micemaker, but I worked on a scotsman roachmaker today. Complaint was water flowing, but not cold.

Found electrical compartment packed with roaches and they were jamming the contactor. The pump and distributor were also packed with roaches. Gross.

The worst part was this guy keeps a spotless restaurant. He just bought the machine used and it came with a bonus supply of roaches. now his restaurant is infested.

Factory parts are hit and miss. Some things are discontinued, some parts are still available but crazy expensive.

I just looked up the pump, the price was kind of high, my supplier didn't have in stock, not sure if its available.

I've had problems with those where the silicone along the sides of the evaporator deteriorates and water gets behind there. Also there should be a splash shield above the water pan next to the float valve. If the splash shield is gone, that would have a lot to do with it.

mike19 i did see a bulletin for a splash shield. it is standard on machines after 98. this a 95. the water is coming out the bottom corner right by the float. alot of water. does this sound like where i should have the shield?
    also are you talking about silicone along the seam where evap plate and plastic meet up? should there be a bead all the way down the seam?

Yes, I think you and I are thinking of the same thing. The splash shield goes right by the float it is held down by the nut that holds the float in place. I've put them in machines that didn't have it, and it helps quite a bit to cut down on water leakage.

And yes, the silicone I was talking about was where the plastic sides of the evaporator meet the metal of the evaporator. Its not so much a bead of silicone on the outside, its more that there is silicone in-between the two pieces. What I've done is loosen the nuts that hold the plastic side piece to the evaporator, and put some silicone in between the two, then tighten the bolts up and clean off the excess.

If it doesn't have that splash shield, that is probably the main issue. I don't know if that part is still available. I've ordered them in the past but its been a few years. If you do get a splash shield, I usually put silicone along the right edge next to the side, without that some water can still get in-between and leak down.

Any chance the float valve might not be closing all the way too, maybe the water level in the pan is getting too high also?

A 95 is pretty old for one of those, in all honesty most of the ones that I used to work on are gone. After about 10 years the nickel plating comes off the evaporator, or one of the bottom rows will start to separate. Parts are becoming discontinued, what you can find is getting expensive. The last one I had with a separated evaporator, my cost on the evap was almost as much as a new machine.