How long does it take to change out filters on a 10 ton roof top on Schoo; grounds // average 8 per unit

5 minutes. Do I win?

eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

Well lets stop and think about those five minutes for a second. If it's only filters and not a system check;
    First we have to take the ladder off the truck, set it up, and tie it off,(3min.) then tie up filters and haul them onto the roof,(1min./if it's for more than 1 unit then add time to go down and tie on more boxes of filters, 1min. per two boxes)now if the unit is close and has no screws in the panel,(i.e; Aeon)(1min.) now that those five minutes are up, if there are screws in the panel add another minute, if you are required to get any info off the unit another minute,(and another for each unit) get the ladder back onto the truck 3 more minutes, let's not forget paper work, (if necessary,) 10 more minutes, and go in in to get a signature, 5 to 10 more (depending on how chatty the person signing is) so for the sake of argument, lets say 25 minutes total. Now......those times are for someone who would have to be very motivated..... or hopped up on a couple Red Bulls, if not you can double those times, so for one unit were up to 50 minutes and haven't even started to factor in drive time, so lets say you were at the supply house picking up truck stock when you got the call to go to the school, so you get the filters and drive 10 minutes to the site, now we have hit an hour to change 8 filters????
    After finding out our second born was also a boy, my wife asked "why are you sooooooo happy" to which I replied; "2 of those things are easier to keep up with than 20,000!"

Dont forget stopping to get gas (5-7 mins)and pick up the red bulls, the wreck on I-75 (20-30 mins), it's a school, you gotta check in and get your sticker (5-10 mins), ...

work is slow, we dont wanna rush this...

Originally posted by trixter
    Well lets stop and think about those five minutes for a second. If it's only filters and not a system check;
    First we have to take the ladder off the truck, set it up, and tie it off,(3min.) then tie up filters and haul them onto the roof,(1min./if it's for more than 1 unit then add time to go down and tie on more boxes of filters, 1min. per two boxes)now if the unit is close and has no screws in the panel,(i.e; Aeon)(1min.) now that those five minutes are up, if there are screws in the panel add another minute, if you are required to get any info off the unit another minute,(and another for each unit) get the ladder back onto the truck 3 more minutes, let's not forget paper work, (if necessary,) 10 more minutes, and go in in to get a signature, 5 to 10 more (depending on how chatty the person signing is) so for the sake of argument, lets say 25 minutes total. Now......those times are for someone who would have to be very motivated..... or hopped up on a couple Red Bulls, if not you can double those times, so for one unit were up to 50 minutes and haven't even started to factor in drive time, so lets say you were at the supply house picking up truck stock when you got the call to go to the school, so you get the filters and drive 10 minutes to the site, now we have hit an hour to change 8 filters????
    If it took me 50 minutes to change filters in a RTU then I would be out of a job really fast.

Don't forget BSing with the other guys at the wholesale house while picking up filters - add 10-15 minutes.

Boy, you could be up to half a day here before long.

I'm not implying that it would take 50 minutes to change the filters,for only pulling out the old ones and replaceing them 5 minutes, but from start to finish 50 is not unreasonable.
    After finding out our second born was also a boy, my wife asked "why are you sooooooo happy" to which I replied; "2 of those things are easier to keep up with than 20,000!"

Wasp nest on the unit. 15 minutes if you have some good spray.

i would guess....

somewhere between 37.6734552 minutes and 8hrs.
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

right, here! in the heartland of the homeland!

Talking hmmmm? a tough one?

id say five minutes per unit, 20 minutes to load up filters on roof, and longer to pick them up and take them off and open and close all panels,
    approx, how many units and how busy are you?
    are you on ticket time?

[Edited by isitfixedyet on 09-17-2006 at 04:53 PM]