York oil pressure

Has anyone had experience with a York YT dropping off on low oil pressure alarms running at high load 70% to 100 %.

No, but it sounds like you have. You'll need to supply a little more information. Is the chiller running along smoothly for hours on end and all of a sudden it trips on LOP? Tell us when it's happening, what the conditions are and perhaps some basic log information and perhaps we can help. Single line or Optiview? Do you have a printer so you can download the conditions when the failure occurred?

Finally got to get in building and watch it run between the hours on 2 pm to 330 pm when they say it has tripped. I ran it up to 100% down to about 50%. Oil pressure was in a range of 37 to 40 never lower. 44* chilled water 70* cond water. Checked the recent oil sample report when I asked them for it and the viscosity was right below min.

It does run for days and hours before it trips and it only does it a high load oil is in mid of upper sight glass. Happened twice about a day apart.

It's possible you could have a faulty connection on either the HOP or LOP oil transducer or a less than satisfactory connection where those transducers plug into the microboard. I think the purge fill cycle can be ruled out as well as system depression. Those don't seem likely causes. I think a poor electrical connection is more likely.

I just changed an oil filter on one and it did the job. But, the error was high oil Diff. I saw something like 275 discharge pressure, 225 oil pressure, after it was like 275 discharge, 255 oil pressure.
    Is your charge ok, and oil level sight glass? Some Yorks have an oil float switch on the oil separators.
    Its easy to change the oil filter. Pump down the circuit, valve the compressor off, and the oil return line, recover the oil filter, pull it, change it, evacuate it, open the valves, and you are back on.

Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    It's possible you could have a faulty connection on either the HOP or LOP oil transducer or a less than satisfactory connection where those transducers plug into the microboard. I think the purge fill cycle can be ruled out as well as system depression. Those don't seem likely causes. I think a poor electrical connection is more likely.
    I think you'd be wise to look into this piece of info, JEF.

Quote Originally Posted by B1978 View Post
    Some Yorks have an oil float switch on the oil separators.
    Its easy to change the oil filter. Pump down the circuit, valve the compressor off, and the oil return line, recover the oil filter, pull it, change it, evacuate it, open the valves, and you are back on.
    Seriously? The OP said YT not YS. YTs are low pressure centrifugals. They don't have oil separators or oil float switches.