Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy

Hey guys I am having a problem getting gauges on this unit. This unit is in the celling and I can't get to it. The unit keeps shutting off. I have to keep hitting the compressor reset. The unit will cycle on a few time but then I will have to hit the reset again. I have a temp of 82deg entering the Condensor and has a 140Deg Leaving. The Entering pressure is 130psi and Leaveing at 100psi.
    Need you thoughts on what it could be. The unit was running fine. We cleaned strainer and the filters are good.

Thanks,

A newbie

Was it the High Pressure Reset switch that you keep on resetting?

Yes it is

Originally posted by storyusmc
    Yes it is
    Check the ff:
    Blockage in the condenser section
    Fan motor (it should be running)
    Suction pressure and temperature
    Discharge pressure and temperature
    Suction and discharge pressure switches settings

What's the the refrigerant?

I can't get Suction and Discharge pressure or temp atm. I am working alone and the unit is in the ceiling. The compressor though is running hotter than normal. Way hotter. I even burned my hand on it. I know that it usually run about 140Deg but this feels much hotter that 140. If it's necessary, I will wait until tomorrow when someone is around to get the suction and Discharge for you. Right now I am just looking for a general assumption of it could be blown motor bad compressor cause that’s what I think it is but before I replace it and do those steps just wondering if that what it could be or did I miss something.

I found a cleaner who will make sure I don't fall off the latter. I will get the suctions and dischage temps and pressure.

ok. Do the first 2 steps I mentioned above

Ok I have 63 Suction and a 235 Discharge pressure. Suction temp was 36deg and the Discharge temp was 105. Tomorrow when I have someone here, I would like to put the gauges on and leave them for about 1hr. Cause that’s when it seems to be shutting off. The only info I got on the until was, the design test pressure of High 300psi and Low 150psi.

You should verify if the condenser fan motor is running and if the condenser is clean.

The Fan is running and the Condensor is clean.

Check if the discharge service valve is backseated (open for discharge pressure to come out)

Another thing. Your superheat should be 10 to 20 degrees.

[Edited by The Saint on 09-12-2006 at 04:52 AM]

There isn't a 3way valve. Just has Schrader valves. The superheat is fine. It cools the room down crazy fast but after about 1hr thats when I have to start hitting the reset. What is causing to do this?0.

Try to remove some of the refrigerant. You might be overcharging the system. Your superheat is 0 degrees.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast