Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    461
    Post Likes

    Question Whats the tonnage of this ole' Trane?

    Trane condenser 208/230 1PH

    M) RAUC-202-A
    S) C79H-09293
    Type) 169-717-1-C

    Wondering the tonnage and age? and any other info if you have it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,180
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyBeer View Post
    Trane condenser 208/230 1PH

    M) RAUC-202-A
    S) C79H-09293
    Type) 169-717-1-C

    Wondering the tonnage and age? and any other info if you have it.
    RAUC-202-A = 2 ton

    C79H-09293 = 1979


    I've got a couple pieces of info on this unit if you want it - send me an email (address is in my profile).
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    62
    Post Likes
    20 Ton, Nov 1979

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,695
    Post Likes
    So which is it? Inquiring minds want to know......

    Is it a Residential 2 ton or a Big Ass 20 ton condenser

    Hmmmmm

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,180
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dswilliams View Post
    20 Ton, Nov 1979
    I guess there are exceptions to everything, but I don't know of too many 20 ton units that are 208/230v, single phase units.

    Check your email. I sent you the manual with the nomenclature.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  6. Likes buttwheat liked this post
  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,673
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    I don't know of too many 20 ton units that are 208/230v, single phase units.
    Because 20 tons at 230v/1 ph probably needs to draw 200A?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    38,946
    Post Likes
    Da Dawg is right

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    461
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Yup it's a 2 ton. I was able to get a hold from Trane today to confirm. Thanks guys!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes

    Parts list or fan specs for Trane RAUA-202A relic?

    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    RAUC-202-A = 2 ton

    C79H-09293 = 1979


    I've got a couple pieces of info on this unit if you want it - send me an email (address is in my profile).
    Howdy rundawg,
    This topic is five years old, but it's about the only online reference I can find to this ancient Trane product line. Any chance you know where I can get the parts list for a RAUA-202A, or at least just the specs on the condenser fan motor to pick up the right replacement? I might still find a hidden name plate on the motor itself when I pull it out, but this is the first one to go bad in about 40 years. Found it with the fan blade sheared off of its mount and the motor nearly seized. Every thing else checks out. Can't see why the blades would've ripped off, but guessing that running without blades attached finished off the motor. Thanks for any info or tips! I'm a passionate maintainer of relics including seven of these coupled to mid-90's Goodman's, an early 90's Viessmann NBEA35, a 1953 GE down-fired boiler, and more...

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,180
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by StillGood View Post
    Any chance you know where I can get the parts list for a RAUA-202A, or at least just the specs on the condenser fan motor to pick up the right replacement?
    1/3 HP, 2.5 FLA, 1100 RPM, 208-230/60/1
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes

    Many thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    1/3 HP, 2.5 FLA, 1100 RPM, 208-230/60/1
    Thanks so much for the quick reply! One more quickie, any preference between these two replacement choices...?

    CENTURY® FE6000F MASTERFIT®PRO CONDENSER FAN MOTOR, 5-5/8 IN., 208-230 VOLTS, 2.6 - 1.8 AMPS, 1/3 - 1/6 HP, 1,075 RPM
    or...
    5.6" US Motors "Rescue" TEAO PSC Condenser Fan Motor (208-230V, 1/3-1/6 HP, 1075 RPM)

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,180
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by StillGood View Post
    Thanks so much for the quick reply! One more quickie, any preference between these two replacement choices...?

    CENTURY® FE6000F MASTERFIT®PRO CONDENSER FAN MOTOR, 5-5/8 IN., 208-230 VOLTS, 2.6 - 1.8 AMPS, 1/3 - 1/6 HP, 1,075 RPM
    or...
    5.6" US Motors "Rescue" TEAO PSC Condenser Fan Motor (208-230V, 1/3-1/6 HP, 1075 RPM)
    Both motors operate at the same amperage (2.6 amps), which is very close to your original 2.5 amp motor.

    The Century motor has one foot longer electrical leads (48” vs 36”), and has a higher ambient rating (70ºC vs 60ºC).

    For those reasons, I would be inclined to go with the Century motor.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes
    Much appreciated. Others here must've nominated you for an award years ago... You don't work in Connecticut, do you? Thanks. I was headed to the supply house tomorrow with the sheared off fan blades looking for a match. Is that the best bet? It's 16" in diameter with five blades pitched so it's 4" high when laying flat. In nice shape except that the hub mount is ripped off cleanly. Guess I could weld it back on...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.