+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hobart lx18h not draining completely?

Post Likes

Hobart lx18h not draining completely?

Sound like the ledex solenoid? It's a old dish machine the school has that sometimes drains if it feels like it. No restrictions in the line. I hope I'm not breaking the rules asking. Semi new member.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Likes
    Did you pull the drain body and check for something jammed against the flapper?

Post Likes
    Hi, Hobart LX18H drains water while washing to the point that there is not enough water for the pump to wash properly. The drain valve flapper seems okay and the solenoid is not in the drain mode. The flapper in the drain valve does not fit tight so it seems that some draining is likely but this is too much.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    jim

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, I did remove the drain valve and the flapper moves freely. The solenoid pulls when it's time to drain and stays de-energized when washing. The water pours out of the drain hose as soon as the wash cycle starts. I took off both was arms to reduce the back pressure which helped but not a good fix. I guess I have to take it apart again.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    WTF?!?!?

bruni2 presented a question TODAY at 9:22AM.

There was no response to his question that I could see that was dated TODAY.

THEN...it appears that he thanks someone for a reply that was posted nearly FOUR YEARS AGO!

Someone please fill me in on this TIME WARP, 'cause I is confused!

AND, I work on a few LXis but I don't know what flippin' flapper they're talking about.

Post Likes
    LOL, It appeared that the replies were related. I only looked at the time, 11:02, but not the date. I wanted to start a new thread but couldn't find out how. Anyway, the question remains as stated. The flapper they are relating to is in the drain valve it's the nylon piece that the drain solenoid moves when it is energized. It does't appear to be a tight fit even when closed ie in the wash position.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in