Great drain lines. They have since tied into the trap

Needless to say I laughed when I walked in and saw this. It's was actually harder to do that rather then just doing it right the first time. Heck I would have thought they would drill a hole in the block, and pipe it to run outside way before that mess.

They weren't a Hvac company by name. I had no control on that bid.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I sold a job recently where the condensate line went through the adjoining bathroom wall and into the sink. I told him we would redo it to the floor drain - but he didn't want his wife tripping over it as she went to the washing machine area.

The boss saw my note on the worksheet and wrote up a disclaimer for the customer to sign that it was ok to keep the drain to the sink. I wonder what the inspector will think. Probably the installers will set him straight - they can be kind of scary...

Hell even plumb it into sink drain and use 90 degree angles, anything would be better than that

Couldn't hold this one back either. Also I will get a picture tomorrow of the line set through the metal roof with no chafe protection around the hole. The line set already had shiny marks where it had been rubbing and cut through the insulation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hey boss! when i wash my hands, the water is always cold and there's hardly any pressure!
    When I am late for work, I usually make up for it by leaving early.

I can understand that sometimes you are limited as far as routing pipe, pvc, etc. but could the installer at least made that contraption look a bit more professional by using a few more 90's and tightening up a bit? That looks like total s**t. Could have at least kept the drains from the evaps straight down and more geometrically attractive. I guess the local do-it-yourself store ran out of 90's. Wouldn't fly even in my house!
    Psalm 51:10, 12