Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Lol, it is.
    I just heard today Obama is gonna open up the strategic reserves to keep gas prices down through November.

If he had approved keystone xl, he might not be in this little pickle....

Strategic reserves are there to keep our military and economy functional in case of a disaster or war. I hate Obama, but do not think he is that irresponsible. That would be trading USA security for one single issue in an election.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I thought gun control was ineffective in the U.S.
    To answer your questions: According to NFA rules passed in the 1930's... one must apply and receive a special permit to have an automatic weapon. Yes, you can get one... however I seriously doubt a gang member would pass the background check... however:

As usual; a few folks (all liberals I note), just want to play debate games. The point was to make an example of common sense. But NooOOoo, the debaters are sooo childish they cannot agree with anyone... all they can do is stir the mud for their entertainment. Kinda like a spoiled child with nothing else to do (and without a life).

We have seen a few of these come and go at ARP... A certain poster who claims to be from Texas comes to mind... There was a solution...

First I (GA) put that person on ignore, then another, and another... and after a few mos the poster realized they had lost the one thing they craved, that being attention. Now I note that person rarely posts anymore. Seems to have worked from where I read... SO:

Printer, GA is putting you on ignore until you behavior, attitude and manners reflect a more professional and mature attitude, one that includes respect for others. Bye.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Lol, it is.
    I just heard today Obama is gonna open up the strategic reserves to keep gas prices down through November.

If he had approved keystone xl, he might not be in this little pickle....
    If he had approved Keystone, he would not get lots of $$$ from ultra liberal Hollywood types for his campaign. News story is easy to find at Google.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Iran has been asking for it. To make blanket anti-semetic statements condemning an entire Country and one with Nukes no less.

If Egypt and Jordan and Syria team up with Iran Israels only hope will be using tactical nukes to hold back the hordes of soldiers originating from religion of peace.

If Iran manages to block of the Strait of Hormuz then expect gas prices to exceed 5 bucks a gallon in the US and an already gutted economy get worse.

Iran is the epitome of a tyrannical theocracy.
    Definitely a possibility... however:

I would call them more like maniacs. Reminds me of the playground bully... What do you do with him/her? Appease them? Playcate them? Avoid them? Or punch them out and tell them to change or get punched out again.

Human nature is no different with countries... Some countries are mature enough to behave... the ones that are not; well the rest of us need to keep them corralled so they do not cause too much irritation for the rest of us.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I think, if Israel start this war it will be the starting of vanishing process of Israel from the world map. We have seen in recent times their defeat in Lebanon, with HAMAS in Palestine…; they failed to release their captured soldier from HAMAS. Israel is the bastard of western power, so it has to be give up the ghost,

I think, if Israel start this war it will be the starting of vanishing process of Israel from the world map. We have seen in recent times their defeat in Lebanon, with HAMAS in Palestine…; they failed to release their captured soldier from HAMAS. Israel is the bastard of western power, so it has to be give up the ghost,

Quote Originally Posted by moideen View Post

the more I think about it, I doubt there will be any war. Saudi Arabia and Iran would loose BILLIONS of dollars in any major conflict.

Nothing will happen until next year anyway. Israel can't go into combat without America and NObama may not support them. So the Israelis will have to wait til after the election. If Romney gets in, Israel will have the backing of America, if NOBama gets in, Israel is screwed.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by moideen View Post
    Nutz,keep dreaming and then one day you can wake up from your nightmare,Israel has friends in this country that you could never grasp.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    If he had approved Keystone, he would not get lots of $$$ from ultra liberal Hollywood types for his campaign. News story is easy to find at Google.
    I'm well aware of the news and who's involved. The oil from my province was supposed to be in that pipeline. 225,000 bpd iirc.
    If he had done so, then you guys could be off all non-north American oil in like 10 years. WTI and hardisty crude could be priced based on our collective demand, not OPEC's whims.

As far as the middle east goes, I wouldn't worry too much about Jordan or the saudis. Both of them want only peace to prevent instability in their own countries, since theyre both kingdoms.
    Syria is almost a non issue now, Assad is too busy and mostly broke to get involved in an outside conflict.
    I suspect that if Israel does strike Iran it will end up just the same as after their Osirak raid in Iraq back in the 80s
    Iran has very little hard currency to buy food or other outside supplies.
    I suspect Most of these Arab theocracies NEED Israel, as an enemy, a point to rally their people around.
    In a full scale war Isreal would wipe the floor with most of them, since Isreal is the only one with the bomb.

I'm well aware of the news and who's involved. The oil from my province was supposed to be in that pipeline. 225,000 bpd iirc.
    If he had done so, then you guys could be off all non-north American oil in like 10 years. WTI and hardisty crude could be priced based on our collective demand, not OPEC's whims.

As far as the middle east goes, I wouldn't worry too much about Jordan or the saudis. Both of them want only peace to prevent instability in their own countries, since theyre both kingdoms.
    Syria is almost a non issue now, Assad is too busy and mostly broke to get involved in an outside conflict.
    I suspect that if Israel does strike Iran it will end up just the same as after their Osirak raid in Iraq back in the 80s
    Iran has very little hard currency to buy food or other outside supplies.
    I suspect Most of these Arab theocracies NEED Israel, as an enemy, a point to rally their people around.
    In a full scale war Isreal would wipe the floor with most of them, since Isreal is the only one with the bomb.
    Very good observations IMO...

Here is a thought for you: In the late 1940's, the 'power brokers of the world' redrew the boundaries of the middle east and created the nation of Israel... a scenario that has happened many times in the history of mankind and this world. BTW: before that time... the so called Palestinians could care less about the land... now they just want to whine because there is foreign aid available.

There is a growing theory that TPTB want to develpoe a Kurdish nation (for the Kurds of N Iraq, SE Turkey, NW Iran, and NE Syria). The Kurds have LOTS of oil, and are friendly to the west. And if this nation were to have borders all the way to the Caspian sea... well that would allow a SECURE pipeline from the Caspian sea to the Mediterranean sea. Now we know there is a HUGE amount of oil more or less landlocked around the Caspian sea... and powers friendly to Russia/Putin control that land (Putin/Russia are NOT friendly to the west as we know).

Now IF (and IF is always the largest word in conversation) this redrawing of country boundaries happens, and IF (again a longshot) this new Kurd country becomes a reality, and IF (a wet dream for oil interests) the borders go all the way to the Caspian sea... well this could set up a smooth supply of oil for the next 40-50 years. Sure, there are lots of 'IFs' in this scenario... however a careful study of history suggests all of these 'IFs' have happened in the past.

Watch and see... the outcome of the Syrian civil war might change world politics, world economics, and world energy supply... for the better or for the worse.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

To answer your questions: According to NFA rules passed in the 1930's... one must apply and receive a special permit to have an automatic weapon. Yes, you can get one... however I seriously doubt a gang member would pass the background check... however:

As usual; a few folks (all liberals I note), just want to play debate games. The point was to make an example of common sense. But NooOOoo, the debaters are sooo childish they cannot agree with anyone... all they can do is stir the mud for their entertainment. Kinda like a spoiled child with nothing else to do (and without a life).

We have seen a few of these come and go at ARP... A certain poster who claims to be from Texas comes to mind... There was a solution...

First I (GA) put that person on ignore, then another, and another... and after a few mos the poster realized they had lost the one thing they craved, that being attention. Now I note that person rarely posts anymore. Seems to have worked from where I read... SO:

Printer, GA is putting you on ignore until you behavior, attitude and manners reflect a more professional and mature attitude, one that includes respect for others. Bye.
    Still pissed at me for answering your health care questions with valid answers I see (which you failed to reply to). Well if you want to take your marbles away and go home...

Oh, by the way, when will you know my attitude and manners (attitude, shooting down anything not right wing, manners, don't question your views) have changed if I am on ignore?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Taking on Israel ends up being taking on the USA... like it or not. While I doubt there will be USA fighter planes making strikes against Iran... I am SURE there will be an extra carrier group over there to watch and 'defend US interests'... which is a vague term.

IMO BHO would like to start it BEFORE the election, because history suggests voters tend to re-elect an incumbent during a war... perhaps that would be his major reason to start it at all... would not surprise me.

GA's comment: Iran should NEVER get the bomb... PERIOD. There are some things that are just dumb, and letting a rogue nation have the bomb is one of them. Sure, we can talk about diplomacy and democracy and a host of other cool sounding words... however: To put it in simpler terms: Do you allow the local 'gang' to have AK47's? NO you do NOT. IMO some things are just common sense; and not allowing Iran to have nukes is just one of them.

Why dont we just allow natural selection to take place. We have no reason to be over there pissing in their yard anyway
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Why dont we just allow natural selection to take place. We have no reason to be over there pissing in their yard anyway
    We did that in 1940. Surprisingly, turned out to be a failed tactic.

It is not easy for a reasonable man, your basic 'guy', to comprehend the hatred and dedication to destruction of a Nazi or Al-Queerda member. Much more than twice as hard to comprehend the potential for evil when a huge network of these jerks get together and take an entire nation for resources to feed their desires.

I think a more natural course of nature would be for good men to stand firm against an evil regime.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast