Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    [QUOTE=jmac00;14027301]
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

agreed, these carbon fibers would have to be hundreds of feet long in order to do any damage, and they would have to stay straight (or reasonably straight) in order to short out anything.

I think any dunce with even a little knowledge of tactics will realize that any major conflict is going to start with a cyber attack.
    Not sure you understand how carbon fibers work: Kinda like graphite dust... conducts electricity all over the place. Imagine the dust in your PC is electrically conductive... how much damage would it do to the main board... thus rendering the computer useless. Now expand the thought to an entire communications grid... All one has to do is short out C&C... and the hardware becomes useless.

Gotta think outside the box guys.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

[QUOTE=ga-hvac-tech;14027921]
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

Not sure you understand how carbon fibers work: Kinda like graphite dust... conducts electricity all over the place. Imagine the dust in your PC is electrically conductive... how much damage would it do to the main board... thus rendering the computer useless. Now expand the thought to an entire communications grid... All one has to do is short out C&C... and the hardware becomes useless.

Gotta think outside the box guys.
    No I understand. I also am an Instrumentation Technologist and know how SCADA systems are put together. While I can see it causing problems I doubt it would have the debilitating effect desired.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567