What kind of chiller is this? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, I understand that it is a 20 ton unit made in 1993, anyway.

I could not follow most of the rest of the posts.

It is working well, and like I said, it is pretty quiet. It is getting old though, so I am wondering in how many years I need to plan to replace it.

I certainly understand the disadvantages of reheat, but it has been hard to figure out how, in this building, to retrofit to something else.

Thanks, everyone, for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikerum View Post
    Well, I understand that it is a 20 ton unit made in 1993, anyway.

I could not follow most of the rest of the posts.

It is working well, and like I said, it is pretty quiet. It is getting old though, so I am wondering in how many years I need to plan to replace it.

I certainly understand the disadvantages of reheat, but it has been hard to figure out how, in this building, to retrofit to something else.

Thanks, everyone, for all the help.
    I would say run it until you have cooler barrel breach . Those compressors are plentiful and the chiller design is pretty straight forward.

It's hard to say when to replace it there are a lot of older chillers out there and there a lot that have been replaced. I would also add that as long as the water treatment is in good shape you cooler barrel should be too and that's pretty much the determining factor in replacement if you ask me.

Thanks, that is a great explanation. I appreciate you following up on my comment with this advice.

Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    As for re-heat strategy was the old school when electricity was dirt cheap. Today, it is illigal to engineer that.
    I've see many new buildings that use re-heat. Especially churches with the wooden pews and million dollar organs.

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    I've see many new buildings that use re-heat.
    Especially churches with the wooden pews and million dollar organs.
    Re heat still used today, hydronic on a/h's, vav's with electric reheat an so on. If you dont have re heat in a comm building how are you gonna control humidity withou overcooling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12