Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We are just finishing a 134/C02/Glycol store. Started up fairly easy , runs great so far.
    Here in SoCal , there are few stores that do not have EMS. And most new stores are getting electronic TXVs or EPRs.

I think the U.S. as a whole is behind Europe , but we are coming on strong. USA!USA!USA!

Quote Originally Posted by NedFlanders View Post
    I think the U.S. as a whole is behind Europe , but we are coming on strong. USA!USA!USA!
    We are MILES behind Europe. Not even running the same race, IMO.

We have the technology and the innovation to catch up, but I don't think that most have the drive or the desire to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    We are MILES behind Europe. Not even running the same race, IMO.

We have the technology and the innovation to catch up, but I don't think that most have the drive or the desire to do so.

X2
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

When the EPA imposes GWP taxes like they do in Australia, I think there will be that "drive".
    It's $23 AUD per CO2 equivalent ton. That comes out to be about $42 USD/lb in excise tax for R404A.

Look at how far behind the US is in residential split system compared to Japan and Korea.
    They've been using electronic VSD inverter for over a decade for compressor and fans.

The only way to vary AC motor speed is to change # of poles, slip it or use a VFD. (i.e. 2 pole = 3465 rpm, 4 pole = 1725 rpm, 6 pole = 1200rpm). The variable speed blower motor has always relied on slipping away to change the speed. It wasn't until the last few years that BLDC (ECM) was put into use in small to reduce this loss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12