Carrier aquasnap

Anyone out there have any idea how to make a aquasnap stage quicker,tried eliminating ramping,and setting band to 1.Chiller holds 20% for about 15 to 20 minutes before going to 25%.The chiller stays at 25% for a very long time,assuming there is sometype of algarythm in control,which is causing it to stay at low capacity.But I can have 55 degrees chilled water,with a 42 degree setpoint foand still not staging up.Is there anything else that can make this thing come up quicker?

Does it ever make set point?

Depending on age and different control versions find out where to look for modes....

Sounds like you have a mode active keeping it from loading up for ??? Reason

Dallas has a good ? Does it ever make setpoint

Your manual will explain modes and where to find them in the menu

When operating in a control mode override you won't get an alarm or alert ... You have to find the mode menu and see what's active and then go from there

Also don't just look at setpoint but look and see what your active control point is , setpoint is just that but control point overrides it, as it is the current setpoint because of something in the configuration ... you may have something configured you don't know about such as reset ,

Check demand limit

Etc...

Sounds like your missing a problem and/or have a capacity control override active and / or have something configured causing the condition that you haven't uncovered yet.

Get the book and go thru it, I think you will find your answers , there is a lot of things that can be going on that often get overlooked.

Log the machine out and look for issues such as low sat suction etc...

It will reach setpoint,the bigger issue is that I'm getting high saturated suction alarms.I believe this is due to ccn issue on vav boxes.Unoccupied setpoints are not being followed by vavs,so when they do open on a override,or occupied time,the chiller gets hit with a huge load all at once.Then it isn't staging fast enough to drive down incoming water,so after 5 minutes I get high saturated alarms.I know I need to get to root of ccn issue for actual fix,but needed a way to stage chiller quicker,to keep alarm away.Thanks for info,will go through manual again.

EXV or TXV?

It is txv equipped.Getting 112,113 alarms back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by RieckTech2 View Post
    It is txv equipped.Getting 112,113 alarms back to back.
    Check in options screen 2 and see if close control is enabled or disabled. If all of the aforementioned suggestions won't point you to the problem, check the close control and enable it. You may need to raise the span back up. Sounds to me like something is changing your control point value. Just because the setpoint is set at say 44.0 degrees does not mean that value is the control point. It is possible that ccn is changing your control point.

See what your control point is while this is happening , not setpoint but control point ...

I believe if ccn controlled local setpoint doesn't apply as ccn communicates the control point .
    I don't remember exactly which control method observes those rules ...

The manual explains the control modes, mode overrides ,capacity control overrides ...

I had a one year old snap with clogged liquid line cores causing problems

Pull Up a chair ,the manual , and go thru the whole thing is my suggestion , I think you'll find the answers you seek
    mikeacman

How much load are you putting on this thing? Is your chiller using the return gas thermistors? What version of software are you using my guess is version 1 or 2?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Deadband multiplier set too high?