Hybrid View

Relative Humidity

Customer complained about high humidity. Used my srh2 and got readings from 45% to 60% in the same room. It's a commercial office about 3000-4000 sq feet. Is the instrument off or can humidity vary that much 100 feet apart? It was just hit and miss!!! I could take the RH it be 49% walk out, come back 30 min later to the same spot and it be 55%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could be the compressor cycling on and off while the fan keeps running, re-evaporating water on the coil.

Close to the supply, expect colder temps and higher %RH. Every degree cooler the temp is expect a +2%RH increase per degree drop in temp.
    Ideal is 73-75^F, 50%RH, A properly set up a/c should be able to deliver this during high cooling loads. As the cooling load declines, supplemental dehumidification is required to maintain 50%RH.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"