+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retirement

Post Likes
    You know, there has been an awesome contribution of ideas lately to people inquiring and giving advice about the ins and out's of business realted scenarios for small fries guys.

One man bands contribute neat and strategic ideas on how they manipulate through all the crap of government and everything else to still ply a living and remain free.

Before I try to open the conversation of retirement, 1 things I would really like to say is. Bleive it or not, being a self employed tradesmen is still a very honorable thing to be. And it is in fact what built our country.

Whats the ways you guys are looking to set your self up for retirment. What advice can guys give the]at have done things quite well. Inform. Communicate. I mean after all. Being self employed gives most of us a huge disadvantage to ear marking for that day when it's time to hang it up.

So. Let er rip guys.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Dowadudda
    You know, there has been an awesome contribution of ideas lately to people inquiring and giving advice about the ins and out's of business related scenarios for small fries guys.

One man bands contribute neat and strategic ideas on how they manipulate through all the crap of government and everything else to still ply a living and remain free.

Before I try to open the conversation of retirement, 1 thing I would really like to say is. Beleive it or not, being a self employed tradesmen is still a very honorable thing to be. And it is in fact what built our country.

Whats the ways you guys are looking to set your self up for retirment. What advice can guys give that have done things quite well. Inform. Communicate. I mean after all. Being self employed gives most of us a huge disadvantage to ear marking for that day when it's time to hang it up.

So. Let er rip guys.

Post Likes
    You know, there has been an awesome contribution of ideas lately to people inquiring and giving advice about the ins and out's of business related scenarios for small fries guys.

Before I try to open the conversation of retirement, 1 thing I would really like to say is. Beleive it or not, being a self employed tradesmen is still a very honorable thing to be. And it is in fact what built our country.

Whats the ways you guys are looking to set your self up for retirment. What advice can guys give that have done things quite well. Inform. Communicate. I mean after all. Being self employed gives most of us a huge disadvantage to ear marking for that day when it's time to hang it up.

So. Let er rip guys.
    Posting the same post twice is the first sign that it may be time to retire.

Post Likes

One word

Property.

When you have the scratch buy as much of it as possible. I have a client who owns about 40 properties, this is all he knows, he's been doing this since his early twenties and now he's fifty and set for life, a multi-millionare in his own right. I'm on the ten year plan and I hope to retire when I'm 48.

Post Likes
    Yea........I agree, Real Estate.

Post Likes
    I believe spending less then you make and saving the rest , a tried and true plan, will get you where you need to be. Real Estate works too, but most go about it the wrong way.

Post Likes
    Correct me if I'm wrong but were you looking for a way to make enough money to retire or, were you looking for ways to make income and hide it from the prying eyes of gov.?

Post Likes
    Retirement to me is doing what I want to do. I won't make much money, but I will not owe any money. I still plan to work some. On my own terms. Hell, Cheryl and I might go overseas, who knows? I might buy an old school bus. Fix it up and come see alot of you guys. If I run out of money I can get a job at a gas station, Cheryl could work in a diner. Sounds fun huh?

Post Likes
    Oroy, that sounds like my plans as well.Not a bad plan at all.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by simpleman
    Oroy, that sounds like my plans as well.Not a bad plan at all.

Me too except I think I'd get a Winnebago instead of the school bus...

Post Likes

Smile 2hot

Don't forget Cheryl needs a lot of water, she loves that tub. 8# per gallon. Say 300 gallons per. Thats 2400 pounds of water. Retirement will be fun. Ya know 2hot she has been b*tching all morning on how bad she has it. I just listen. Maybe. Roy

Post Likes
    I don't want to retire, I want to be the boss that is always on vacation. Someday maybe.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes

Roy

Just keep tellin her everythings gonna be ok...

Post Likes
    I am near retirement age and I could retire on my retirement income, but it would not be a very good living.
    My first investment was a car paid for, and then my house paid for. The money I would have spent on these two payment have since went to investments. I started investing in residential rentals back early in my life. They did not do very well for me. I switched to commercial about 20 years ago. I now have a pretty good collection, paid for, and some new units going up that should pay for them selves.

If I had it to do all over again it would be commercial and investment property on the lake front.

Post Likes

Smile Hey Jax

I have an old Jax cermaic beer mug here that I bought for a dollar at a garage sale. If you want it I will mail it to you. Roy

Post Likes
    Thanks Roy,, but Jax actually has no meaning other than a short screen name. But I am old enough to remember drinking Jax and Falstaff and Schlitz Beer.
    Now if it cold and full of beer I will have to consider it!!

Post Likes

Stock market

Made a lot of money in the last ten years.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in