+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New construction install

Post Likes

New construction install

Variable speed airhandler with hot water coil for back up heat, Energy recovery ventilator and some pristine ductwork we installed 4 systems like this with 8 zones
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Likes
    Don't those ERV's need a flex connection for vibration? Great install btw, most people would flex the whole installation. Very clean. Leave it to the pump wire to mess with the fung shwei.

Post Likes
    Damn electrician I knew somebody was going to comment on that lol .... we never have used canvas on the ERVs never had a problem very quite

Post Likes
    Maybe someday they will put a 20' retractable cord on them because they are always to long or to short. Unplug it and take a new pic lol. Il say it again though great install!

Post Likes
    Nice looking job!

Post Likes
    Beautiful work man. As someone already said, most guys would have flexed the ERV. We don't do our own ductwork, but we make sure to sub it to a guy that does this quality of work. Glad to see that workmanship isn't totally dead.

Post Likes
    nice to see..... very well done...
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Very nice work. Super clean. Just did a job where the pump wire did the same thing. Bothered me so much I drilled a hole in side of cabinet and ran it through and then sealed. It was just long enough to reach.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Anice install indeed, interesting on the y shape on the supply plenum. Its nice to have space like that to make everything accessible.

Post Likes
    any turning vanes used? is that a a/h or furnace in the picture? where is the h/w coil ?

Post Likes
    Oooooh. Shiny!

Post Likes
    Nice! Pump cord totally takes a dump all over it! Its amazing that someone paid for this caliber of work in a new construction. Most new construction I see is a rats nest of flex duct, undersized single return and piss-poor air flow done for 10% over material cost
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    Sweet! Very detaile! OCD level straightness on all the plumbing and dust! I am impressed.

Post Likes
    Looks neat. Next time use a transition on the return like you did on the supply. Except it would be flat on the furnace side, not centered. That way you would pull from the whole bottom of the return duct. looking at the job, you can see you care about what you do. Good work!
    Always here

Post Likes
    Very, very nice work. Where is this job located? Are you using a copper line for the condensate discharge? We have gone to a yellow high pressure hose from Mc Master Carr for the connection as the clear hose pumps ship is junk. Pumping fau condensate has us routing the yellow hose the entire route as copper line will eat out over time. Fau water is acidic.

I know your job is a/c condensate only just thought I would mention the fau condensate issues.

Post Likes
    yes, i have to agree. very good install.

Post Likes
    Looks great, never seen an erv in a house before, only in some commercial type buildings ive worked in

Post Likes
    Looks Great! Are there turning vanes in the return elbow?

Post Likes
    How the hell did you find a new construction job that gives you that much space for mechanical? Around here it's a fight to get an extra 6" just to shoehorn it into a closet! Nice looking job!
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Post Likes
    Looks great. Only thing I would suggest is two sheet metal angles riveted to the floting side of the return, just for added strength. Everything looks great though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in