Thread: Trane Warranty

Post Likes

Trane Warranty

I am researching trane units and have a warranty question. Their website states the units carry a 5 year basic warranty. It then seems to imply if you register your warranty online or by phone it gives you an additional 5 years if it's for your primary residence and you are the original purchaser. Am I reading that correctly that my registering online or by phone gives me a 10 year warranty? I spoke to a dealer but they were not clear on that point. Also if I purchase a new trane will other people working on my unit be able to pull up warranty info by looking at the serial numbers on my unit?

Thanks

Post Likes
    This registering of warranties on line is becoming the Industry standard.

Whenever I Install any new Equipment, I register it and get the additional warranty etc it takes a couple of days to get confirmation.

Then I also use my e-mail address to get confirmation and then I gather all the paperwork.

AHRI match, 10 year Part Warranty and have a sitdown with my customer and go over the paperwork with them.

I Then hand them a Invoice and they pay me.

Most of my customers have been with me for years......For newer customers that I don't have a history with .

The get the invoice when the job is completed..and I get a check....and then I will do a followup with them regarding the paperwork.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by small change View Post
    This registering of warranties on line is becoming the Industry standard.

Whenever I Install any new Equipment, I register it and get the additional warranty etc it takes a couple of days to get confirmation.

Then I also use my e-mail address to get confirmation and then I gather all the paperwork.

AHRI match, 10 year Part Warranty and have a sitdown with my customer and go over the paperwork with them.

I Then hand them a Invoice and they pay me.

Most of my customers have been with me for years......For newer customers that I don't have a history with .

The get the invoice when the job is completed..and I get a check....and then I will do a followup with them regarding the paperwork.
    Thanks for the reply but could you answer my questions on whether registering alone makes a 5 year warranty a 10 and will any HVAC guy be able to pull up warranty info using my serial numbers?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Yes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Yes
    Yes to both? Seems a litty wacky that by not registering you get a 5 year penalty

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noserider View Post
    Yes to both? Seems a litty wacky that by not registering you get a 5 year penalty
    Unfortunately the paperwork in the past for warranty registration has been lacking on the dealer end. By asking that you register the equipment on line helps to prevent a system from not being covered. It also allows the manufacturer to have a direct line of communication with you to inform you about purchasing an extended warranty that the dealer may not have let you know about.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Unfortunately the paperwork in the past for warranty registration has been lacking on the dealer end. By asking that you register the equipment on line helps to prevent a system from not being covered. It also allows the manufacturer to have a direct line of communication with you to inform you about purchasing an extended warranty that the dealer may not have let you know about.
    Good points..the dealer I spoke with seemed to think the unit was only a 5 year warranty. It was my research on the Trane website that I got the info to register to get an additional 5 years.

Post Likes
    How many years labor did he offer you?
    Always here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    How many years labor did he offer you?
    One year labor included with the install.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Funny I don't remember any dealer having to register any warranty on any residential equipment . It was pretty much standard stuff until recently. And I always register the warranty for my customers. It adds another layer of Customer Service. I get more face time with the customer. I also use my biz phone and e-mail in the warranty so I become the contact and I also reassure the customer if there is a problem with any part of this unit.....you are dealing with my smiling face and not any faceless corporation.

11. Likes j123 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by small change View Post
    Funny I don't remember any dealer having to register any warranty on any residential equipment . It was pretty much standard stuff until recently. And I always register the warranty for my customers. It adds another layer of Customer Service. I get more face time with the customer. I also use my biz phone and e-mail in the warranty so I become the contact and I also reassure the customer if there is a problem with any part of this unit.....you are dealing with my smiling face and not any faceless corporation.
    Tied to extended warranties, imagine a MFG selling 100k units and only 20k come back with extended 10 year p/l There is a large profit margin for mfg's extended warranties even considering the abuse by dealers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in