+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walk in freezer tripping on over load

Post Likes

Walk in freezer tripping on over load

I am working on walk in freezer R404A Air condesing unit ,it was short cycling for 5-10 seconds. The H.p was once 300psi, L.P was 0. upon playing W/ the dual pressure switch ,system would kick in, clean cond coil H.P drop to 200 Psi. Then I close liquid line service valve to pump down system it stops but when I open L.L service system dosent kick in. it only cycles for a few seconds. I changed start and the run capicator . which shorted out the start capicitor again L.P was 115# H.P was 200#.I lowered the S.P and changed the start capicator it still does the same thing. I put TXV bulb in ice cold water as box temp was over 80*. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Qamar View Post
    I am working on walk in freezer R404A Air condesing unit ,it was short cycling for 5-10 seconds. The H.p was once 300psi, L.P was 0. upon playing W/ the dual pressure switch ,system would kick in, clean cond coil H.P drop to 200 Psi. Then I close liquid line service valve to pump down system it stops but when I open L.L service system dosent kick in. it only cycles for a few seconds. I changed start and the run capicator . which shorted out the start capicitor again L.P was 115# H.P was 200#.I lowered the S.P and changed the start capicator it still does the same thing. I put TXV bulb in ice cold water as box temp was over 80*. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. thanks
    I had one that was doing the same thing and I found that one of the fuses was bad, but that was on a MAC unit.

Post Likes
    Your potential relay is faulty, contacts are stuck closed.
    Start capacitors are not designed to remain in the circuit for any length of time, if they do they pop.

Post Likes
    The electrical issue needs to be addressed before you start jacking with the TEV

Post Likes
    Liquid line solenoid valve leaking?

Post Likes
    I changed pot. relay and s/c before i turned on i checked l.p 140# and hp 220# decreased lp to 60# ran unit it ran for45 sec and then s/c pop out. changed s/c this time it ran longer than before i checked amps on run winding was11.1 amp and start was 9.1 and common7.6 all this time start winding stays in circuit h.p was 200 and l.p 0 .ohm s-c 3 r-c 1 r-s4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in