Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question HVAC or HEO? (Who makes more?)

I am considering joining a Union in state. My question is who pays more?

According to my research, Heavy Equipment Operators makes about a dollar more, once you reach a level A(1) operator and work on the building side of things. Now the thing that bothers me about Heavy Equipment, is the fact that you might not have work all the time.. Is this true?

I enjoy both fields and this will be the deciding factor.

I have found these rates for the local unions in my area.

Pipefitters/Steamfitters Union:
    http://ualocal7.org/system/files/wag...205-1-2012.pdf

I don't know if everyone in this union gets payed the same rate, or if plumbers get paid more or less than the HVAC guys.. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask what the rates.

IUOE:
    http://www.iuoelocal106.org/images/106_web_rates.pdf
    http://www.iuoelocal106.org/images/106_web_rates_HH.pdf

Thanks!

HVAC or HEO? (Who makes more?)

I am considering joining a Union in state. My question is who pays more?

According to my research, Heavy Equipment Operators makes about a dollar more, once you reach a level A(1) operator and work on the building side of things. Now the thing that bothers me about Heavy Equipment, is the fact that you might not have work all the time.. Is this true?

I enjoy both fields and this will be the deciding factor.

I have found these rates for the local unions in my area.

Pipefitters/Steamfitters Union:
    http://ualocal7.org/system/files/wag...205-1-2012.pdf

I don't know if everyone in this union gets payed the same rate, or if plumbers get paid more or less than the HVAC guys.. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask what the rates.

IUOE:
    http://www.iuoelocal106.org/images/106_web_rates.pdf
    http://www.iuoelocal106.org/images/106_web_rates_HH.pdf

Thanks!

If you are using money as the sole criteria for taking a job then I would go the brain surgeon route or some other type of doctor.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

That's not what I'm asking, I told you that I enjoy both of these trades. Please answer the questions i have, or don't answer them at all.

I already have a far stretched goal. I would like to become a computer scientist, but i feel as though i don't have the heart to endure 5-6 years of school. I ****ed up bad in high school and mildly bad in middle school. I have a lot of work to do to catch up, and I feel as though I would much rather just work, rather than work at learning **** that I really am only doing for the money and benefit of my children, my wife, my family, the people around me, and myself. Which should be good enough reason to do it.. Like I said, I don't feel I have the heart, and I sometimes don't feel I have the smarts to do such a feat.

"enjoying" is not the same as experienced and capable to handle all aspects, so go with fast food service worker.

rate of pay doesn't come into any picture until after time served & experience

you won't be happy when you find out you are not going to start at the top of the food chain
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

I guess it comes down to a couple of factors. I think you may be correct in your assumption that HEO don't have steady employment. I'm sure there are those who do, but it seems like it could be more cyclical. The other question is what area of the HVAC business..service or construction? I believe the construction side can also have the same amount of down time. I know our company hires and lays off workers as jobs start up and wind down. I think the most important thing for you to consider is what do you really want to do? What do you feel more passionate about? What career is going to make you want to get up and go to work each day?

Hey pipeman, I guess it should all depend on what you enjoy doing most, and more importantly what trade stays the busiest to keep you working, I'm an hvac tech, but also have a hoisting license, but the hvac keeps me busy and is much more challenging.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I would say it's more important to just get a job!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    "enjoying" is not the same as experienced and capable to handle all aspects, so go with fast food service worker.

rate of pay doesn't come into any picture until after time served & experience

you won't be happy when you find out you are not going to start at the top of the food chain

Thanks for the insight, NOT.

Ok. I really don't know. When I was young, I was able to dig A hole with a excavator, and it was amazing. I also took 2 years of vocational school in high school, for HVAC, and I enjoyed that as well. I think I would enjoy HEO more, but I don't want to be laid off a lot, or have to travel a butt load. The HEO union covers a good portion of New York, nearly 1/3 of NY. Where as the HVAC Union covers a lot less of an area. I'd like to hear that there is a possibility to work year round as a HEO, that might make things a little more enticing.

If you're just in it for the money...you'll be sorely disapointed.

This can only become more entertaining.....

Definitely HVAC U cant mail cold air,,

Google already has a car driving by itself,, Within 15 years im sure Most vehicles will be controlled with a laptop or wrist watch LOL.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast